Search for new coach begins

Wirewire

Well Tony has fallen on his sword after a very disappointing season.

I think he's right to go and has been fantastic for us but the timing is right to bring someone else in who can reinvigorate the players.

It'll be an interesting off season that's for sure and let's hope the new guy comes in quickly and can sort out any recruitment we need before the better players get snapped up.

• Upvote 1

I shall be eternally grateful for what Tony has done for our club and will always have fond memories of him. 

His time is over now and although Maguire didn't encourage an expansive style of play whist at Wigan i would have swapped their trophy cabinet for ours during his tenure so would be very happy to have him as our new coach!

I'm sure if anyone in the press is in the know Gary it is you so we await your insight!

On 9/18/2017 at 10:07 AM, Wirewire said:

To be honest I don't know anything about the people who we're rumoured to be talking to as I just don't follow the NRL. so don't know whether this would be a good signing or not???

Do you have any insight beyond what we can read on-line?

Not a totally happy ship and the new guy is going to have to hit the floor running. Expecting appointment before the weeks out. I have heard the guy they really wanted didn't want to come!

On 09/19/2017 at 10:33 PM, Gary said:

Not a totally happy ship and the new guy is going to have to hit the floor running. Expecting appointment before the weeks out. I have heard the guy they really wanted didn't want to come!

Apparently NRL news feed reporting our decision is between Maguire and Pay. Board meeting tomorrow afternoon...

Have you heard anything similar Gary or have any other "more accurate" information?