Visit

Stallard12

Well, after boring y'all to death with my historic event, I'll move onto something more boring.  After many years I am finally making my farewell tour (I think ticketmaster will be handling it !!).  I will be joining y'all for a short time this December.  What I really want to say is that 67 years after watching Jackie Rowley fly down the wing at Old Trafford ( with knees frozen solid on the terraces - me not him) I am finally going back - never miss a game on tv.  Booked on the Museum and Tour and they have been great.  Internet wouldn't play fair, so the ladies at Man U. have reserved us tickets to be paid for when we arrive.  Hope my wife enjoys the Stretford End, although from the "Not again ! " comments every time she walks through the den on a Saturday, I'm not sure.

:lol::lol: I'm sure you're wife will enjoy it Stallard, well ok so if she's anything like me and find footy very boring she will just smile and humour you. 
I have to say though I went to a tour of the Old Trafford footy ground when my lad was at school (they needed parents to go and help keep the little buggers under control) and I did really enjoy it.  I even got a bid giddy when they took us round the changing rooms and I spotted David Beckhams shirt hanging up on the peg.....yep I beat the kids in the race to sit on the bench under his top and to sniff it lol

Not been on for a while, been a little busy.   Very nice of you Gary and we would be honored to meet y'all and not because of your offer to pay. As I have said in my talks with Dizzy, there is quite away to go, so I won't bog you down in details yet.  We arrive on Dec 2nd, so about mid November I will give you our tentative schedule and you can pick a time and place if that's ok.

I'm looking forward to meeting up with you Stallard :D  Hey have you ever been inside the Town Hall and seen it close up and all the silver in the cabinets and the mace and sword etc and heard more about it;s history?  It's great in there and there is so much to see so well worth a visit and a nosey. 
I went on one of their open days last year (or was it the year before...time flies) as part of the Heritage Open Day event and although it's not open for general tours on a monthly basis they can be arranged.  Do you fancy a look when you are over as I'll try and sort it for you if you do :D      

Hi Dizz,  Maybe I got you a free meal out of Gary!!!    Sounds great Dizzy, I said that I wouldn't make any definite arrangements just yet, but things get complicated, so I will make a prediction now.  We will be in Warrington on Tuesday 5th December for the whole day.  However, I have already committed to meeting an old friend in the morning, we went to Woolston C of E school (the little one-room school on Woolston Green) and haven't seen each other since our final year when we were both 11. We re-met online thro the Forum.

Becky also wants to go to Warrington market, she loves to see the 'flounder' with spots (plaice to you), apart from that, we are y'alls from about 1:00 pm to whenever.  Do you think you could plan something involving afternoon tea and the town hall visit for us?  We would be eternally grateful.  I would say that you will enjoy meeting my wife more than me, she is Cajun and has never ever met a stranger.

• 2 months later...

So who else is going then from here? :D  Come on you lot don't be shy and it might be Stallard's (Eric's) last visit to his home town of Warrington. 
We will have a laugh and it will be nice if we all catch up in person in the real world for once :D

Hope nobody has been put off because I'm going...I'm much nicer in person honest...I might even buy you all a drink :lol:

PS I thought it had been changed to be a 12.30pm meet at Shelley's not 2pm now Gary/Stallard

i will try and sort out getting there, but these days i tend not to make any plans more than a day ahead as events seem destined to thwart them.

So pencil me in for a quick coffee and let us know what time.

If weather not too bad may even bring the noise maker along with me. Not Mrs Sid the motor bike be a good excuse to give it a bit of a run and easier to park. (the motor bike that is not the car or Mrs Sid)

On 11/25/2017 at 6:54 AM, Evil Sid said:

i will try and sort out getting there, but these days i tend not to make any plans more than a day ahead as events seem destined to thwart them.

So pencil me in for a quick coffee and let us know what time.

If weather not too bad may even bring the noise maker along with me. Not Mrs Sid the motor bike be a good excuse to give it a bit of a run and easier to park. (the motor bike that is not the car or Mrs Sid)

Yeah great that you are coming along too but sod the penceling of you in just for a quick coffee cos you say you tend not to make plans more than a day ahead.  Say this IS your plan and thwart owt else that gets in the way of it....SIMPLES :D   P L E A S E...we will have a laugh :D

dizz i will do my best to be there.but such is things at present that planning what i have for lunch is usually a last minute decision.

every time i have planned to do something on a certain day or at a certain time, something has always come up to scupper said plans.

that said i still need to know what time to turn up. I will not need a bite to eat but will need a coffee. i need to get my eyes tested so maybe i can combine the trip with a visit to the opticians.(they keep sending me reminders that i am long overdue for an eye test).

Oh and check your post in reams topic as you said that the meeting was on Monday which is the 4th.

I'm all confused now...what is the REAMS topic re the 4th :blink:

Stallard (Eric) and us will be at Shelley's at 12.30pm on Tuesday 5th and for a few hours after that.....I'll buy you a coffee and you can sit on my knee if you behave yourself other wise Gary will sitting on your knee and I will be taking a few snaps of you both for future blackmail opportunities lol  (just kidding I wont be bringing my camera lol)

the depeche mode printer joke topic dizz that jogger didn't get.:rolleyes:

If Gary is going to sit on my knee i will wear my red jumper and you can say santa turned up specially for him.

there are enough pictures of me at various poster get together's, although no two look the same.(mainly due to the hair migrating from the top of my head to my chin)

I always behave myself, for a given value of behave.:oops:

On 12/3/2017 at 11:45 PM, Dizzy said:

I'm all confused now...what is the REAMS topic re the 4th :blink:

Stallard (Eric) and us will be at Shelley's at 12.30pm on Tuesday 5th and for a few hours after that.....I'll buy you a coffee and you can sit on my knee if you behave yourself other wise Gary will sitting on your knee and I will be taking a few snaps of you both for future blackmail opportunities lol  (just kidding I wont be bringing my camera lol)

We will be gone by 2pm! Eric needs to take his wife around the new market and I have a very important meeting to get to across the road.

Well the visit went well - brief guest appearance by Sid while Eric and his good lady Beckie were hosted by myself and Dizzy at the excellent Shelly's.

Great to meet people from another part of the world he have become part of the warrington-worldwide family.

In the words of one of our dear departed posters

Happy Days.

shellys-eric2.jpg

• Like 1

OMG  Gary surely you know I hate having my pic taken (for obvious reasons lol).  Could you have not posted the one I took of the 3 of you with the 'Reindeer' instead !!
I notice that Evil Sid got away with his mug shot not being splashed across the forum pages for all to see..... so he remains covert and unidentifiable while I'm now known and in line for the  for the rotten tomato throwing on the streets if I rattle someone on here lol 
Photo aside it was a lovely meal and Eric and his wife are so lovely.  I wish they were staying longer as I'd love to have been able to spend much longer with them both.  

After you'd gone Gary the 3 of us walked through the golden square and I bought them a book about Warrington with 'then and now photo's' in.  The way Warrington is fast changing though it;s probably already out of date.

Eric...when you are able to read this I'd just like to say I WANT YOUR COWBOY BOOTS AND HAT (damn why didn't I take a photo !!) oh and behave yourself on the journey back to Texas at weekend as I don't think your wife wants another sore elbow from having  to dig you in the ribs with it all the way home lol x x x x