kathy

Kathy

Hi I'm new to your site and I am wondering if anyone has a photo of Edith Littler nee Grundy.  She was a Sister on the children's ward at Warrington Infirmary.  Not sure at this stage when she was there but would be pre 1960. Any single or group photo would be appreciated.  Thank you so much.  Kathy

Welcome and i am sure that should such a picture exist then one of our members will no doubt come up with the goods.

Must ask out of curiosity if she was related to Elsie Grundy (i think that is the right name). My family have lived in the area for a few generations and the name Elsie Grundy has cropped up a few times as friends of my grandmother. I would have to confirm this with the only one who would know now which is my sister, who has inherited the title of fount of knowledge of the "who did what with whom and where and whom they subsequently married etc.". A title that seems to run in the females of my family for some reason.

That being the case I may have a picture of Elsie and possibly of Edith amongst the many albums dotted about the various family members. Finding them though will be something else but if there is a link i will do what i can.

• Upvote 1

Thank you for replying Gary as you say fingers crossed and toes !!!   It will be fantastic if someone does turn up a photo.  Have also found at she worked at Winwick prior to Warrington. A big thank you in advance for any help. Regards  Kathy

Kathy. I found this one 

The accompanying text is as follows: "Warrington Infirmary nurses pose for the camera after receiving their qualifications in the 1950s Image courtesy of Warrington Museum, Library and Archive Services" There aren't any names on the photo, but as it belongs to the museum/library, maybe Janice Hayes could help at the museum

Baz

2470398121.jpg

Hello Bazj,  Thank you for the photo you so kindly sent on to me, also for the name of the lady at the museum/library.  I will endeavour to get in touch with her.  I am still trying to find out more information on Edith she also worked at Winnick when it was called a lunatic asylum . I must say that it looks strange seeing the nurses in their uniforms. I am from Manchester and have vivid memories of the nurses going from Manchester Royal Infirmary past my school in their uniforms with their navy and red capes.  They always looked so smart.  My youngest daughter was a Registered Nurse and my youngest granddaughter has just graduated from University as an R.N.  but alas no smart uniforms or Matrons after them like in the "old" days.  Thanks once again for your help.

Warmest Regards  

Kathy