Stress free Warrington - is it that chilled?

TM Survey out today highlight the stress levels of 52 towns/cities - London is the most stressful but Warrington is the tenth least stressful place in the list in 43rd.

http://www.totallymoney.com/most-stressed-cities-uk/

Apparently it's based on an analysis of stress-inducing factors across the country – including finances, commute time, job opportunities and crime rates – to calculate the most and least stressed towns and cities in the UK.

Interestingly 3 of the places that beat us in the 2021 culture bid are more stressful places to be in - I wonder if that is why they had the edge?

What do you make of this survey - may the answers are in the ranking breakdown figures - do we really have 0% job growth and take 47 minutes to get to work?

do we really have 0% job growth and take 47 minutes to get to work?

well amazon are currently recruiting 1200 to work in their new centre at omega so there must be some job growth. When those toll bridges kick in you will be lucky to get across the road in 47 minutes let alone to work, Add to all that the plans for the new houses and all the traffic and such that will bring to the TOWN and the stress levels in Warrington will make London seem like a beach in Barbados by comparison.:lol:

To be honest I don't really take much notice of results from surveys like this Geoff.

The survey people say at the top of the page you linked too that " We’ve looked at stress-inducing factors across the country – including finances, commute time, job opportunities and crime rates – to calculate the most and least stressed towns and cities in the UK "

Have they simply looked at those factors as it suggests and made their own assumptions how those factor figures might affect people or have they actually ASKED peoples views
For example for Warrington it says 'commute time' is 47 mins per day.  I presume they mean that's the average?  But who did they ask?
My commute time is less than 10 minutes one way, my other half's is about 20 mins each way (so yes he falls into the Mr Average category), but my sons commute can be anywhere between 30 minutes and over 5 hours one way.  Looking at some of my neighbours their commute time can be hours too...

.....not to mention other people I know who suffer from stress and depression of varying levels....I'd just like to add that is NOT because they know me...well I don't think it is anyway :shock::lol: