And they're back.

Evil Sid

The pikeys Travellers are back on waterways car park sankey valley yet again.turned up Sunday night/Monday morning.Another week until the council gets a court order and by then they will have moved on.

Can we not have a judge on 24 call that will sign an order and get them moved there and then. Never seems to be a problem in the American detective shows. one phone call and TA DA a court order for anything they want to do. Over here it is a case of wait for a week to get an appointment to see a judge and then present the case, by which time the travellers have travelled on to a new carpark in the area and the process starts all over again.

The money paid the judge for the inconvenience of being on call could be half the cost of cleaning up afterwards.

I agree Evils and something needs to be done to make the process quicker or to just give the council/police more powers to immediately move them on.  It's getting ridiculous now.
Are these the same ones again, surely if they are it would make more sense to get a court order against the actual travellers and their vehicles which can then be used anywhere in the borough not just a specific location.

I know they [council?] have to do 'welfare' checks first before any action can be taken but surely that only takes a few hours.....no welfare issues...move on...goodbye.

why do they need to do "welfare" checks every time? how bad is their welfare likely to deteriorate from being checked at their last illegal stop a few days before?

This is more pandering to this bunch of thieves and vagabonds by the likes of Cllr Bowden and his liberal, hug a pikey traveller chums. The same bunch of fools who seem to think that borrowing £2million quid and building some fancy caravan site is going to be a catalyst for reducing these illegal camps, I did ask Cllr Bowden why the council would be prepared to borrow money to pay for facilities for the tax dodging travellers, but wouldn't do the same and borrow money to build housing for homeless ex-servicemen.... both so called capital projects. I know which one I and 99% of the town would chose

Quite how they get to be called travellers is beyond me anyway... they only travel a few miles from one illegal site to the next... I do more travelling in my car in one week than they probably do in 6 months

• Upvote 2

Perhaps we could make a new tourist attraction by advertising free holiday caravan parking in the warrington area. Park anywhere you want for a week free of charge. Sankey valley caravan park, handy for town centre,local hospital and local theme park. set in glorious woodland area with canal side views and varied wildlife, just a few miles from the motorways plus the benefit of council approval for the first three days.

Note that it has been picked up by Gary on front page along with the fact they are back on silver lane again. "No gov we didn't cut the lock it was missing when we got here". Money well spent on that gate then. Be better off fitting a turnstile on there instead.

Wonder why they have to have the welfare checks though. Council have never been round to my house to do a welfare check on me. (didn't even see a councillor when we had the election and the referendum and at the time my local councillor lived two street s away).

• Upvote 2

Regarding the proposed new traveller site, at £90 pw and with a £150 good behaviour bond I don't see this problem element queuing up to use it when they can crap and run for nothing.

Once word gets around I expect that travellers who are happy to pay, keep their noses clean and then go on their way will be drawn to the town to use the site, I further expect that WBC will point this out as a vindication of their £2 million jolly, but the wild bunch will still be running around making a mess.

• Upvote 1

To be honest we have some proper gypsies near us on 3 or 4 different sites , Their sites are spotless ,the people are hard working & are even building property on one of the camps all of which are owned by them. These people are making every effort to fit into the community & are a complete contrast to the scruffy type of traveller that is a blight on society & their own community.

To be honest we have some proper gypsies near us on 3 or 4 different sites , Their sites are spotless ,the people are hard working & are even building property on one of the camps all of which are owned by them. These people are making every effort to fit into the community & are a complete contrast to the scruffy type of traveller that is a blight on society & their own community.

We have a site not far from us at Walton too Davy and that one is spotless too. Most of them shop in the local corner shop near us with it being the closest one to the site

and they have done for years. They are always very friendly and polite and no trouble at all.

I've not really got any issues with them other than the fact that really they shouldn't have been allowed to buy green belt land and obtain temporary planning permission to

live on there especially for this long, but then maybe that's the council's fault for allowing it in the first place then extending the temporary permission over the last

10+ years.

Now they don't have permission to be there.....not sure how that works though with them being settled and owning the land and I doubt they would be kicked off their own site

after all this time.

Anyway back on topic...

Round and round they go......

Apparently there are some on Asda car park again too now up at Birchwood and some have been on Silver Lane again despite the councils costly barrier. Not sure if the Silver Lane ones are still there or are the ones now on Asda.