Brexit - we are all doomed!!!

Gary

Don't rule out the Ozzies: they're chasing trade agreements with the UK, part of which, will include free movement, so we'll have even more of them than we do now on BBC News and Sport ! And as if ending immigration from the EU was a pointless exercise, some bright sparks are now talking about encouraging immigration from the Commonwealth, although I suspect they mean white immigration from Canada, Ozz and N/Zealand. Don't they realize, it was all about numbers?

I don't get how these days, trade deals have to include freedom of movement, they didn't seem to in the past.

The main reason I voted Brexit was to get back control of our borders, not a racist reason, but down to sheer numbers in our small island. I suppose the fact that I am against anglos living in the sun (aussies) coming here freely supports this.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

I see yet another borough of Greater Manchester, Stockport, are moaning about green belt being used to create more housing. Stockport voted to remain in Brexit. They are for the freee movement of people. Where did they think the 300 000+ are going to live?

They voted for it, so let them put up with it.

• Upvote 1

On 2/13/2017 at 1:23 PM, observer said:

Don't rule out the Ozzies: they're chasing trade agreements with the UK, part of which, will include free movement, so we'll have even more of them than we do now on BBC News and Sport ! And as if ending immigration from the EU was a pointless exercise, some bright sparks are now talking about encouraging immigration from the Commonwealth, although I suspect they mean white immigration from Canada, Ozz and N/Zealand. Don't they realize, it was all about numbers?

Many black Africans and Indians etc are also very well qualified and ambitious. If handled properly, it could work well / not be quite the disaster many are predicting. Of course 'handled properly' is the problem.   

Indeed. "handled properly" - our immigration policy is a farce. Whilst the politicians (or some of them), talk about limiting immigration to people with the skills needed by the economy, they never mention the use of time limited visas or work permits; which would rule out permanent residence. Likewise, the rate of importations  exceeds the rate of deportations, leaving us with net increases in the migrant population, most being net consumers of public services and increasing demands on it.     :angry:

The main drawback with the EU is that it isn't a level playing field. The western countries with higher wages & state benefits are a magnet for the populations of less well off member states ,usually in the east.It is hardly surprising that people want to come & live in western Europe but it is also a crying shame that unscrupulous employers are happy to attract immigrants on lower wages in order to increase profits & to the detriment of depriving the indigenous workforce of paid employment.

Seems Nestle are also concerned with EU immigrants coming to the UK,  hence their proposed move to Poland !   :huh:   Moving the point of production to a cheap labour source has been the traditional modus operandi of big business;  the EU's right to free movement has meant they get the cheap labour moving to them.  :rolleyes:

On 26/04/2017 at 7:22 PM, observer said:

:D   Hope your right Dave; but I think most of the 3 million are staying here now; I have to wonder if their kids can speak Polish even ?   -_-

I'd imagine their kids can speak Polish and English too Obs.   Always good to be able to speak more than one language and I wish I could :D

Well ok so I can speak English and fluent Nonsense but I don't think the latter really counts for much other than on here :blink::lol:

Joking aside over the past months I seem to have found myself in the situation of coming in to contact with many a Polish person over my neck of the woods and it has completely changed my concept and attitude towards them. 

They are all clearly very hard working but above all they are are always so very polite and friendly.  I can't fault them at all which sadly can't be said for a lot of our own born and bred people I also come into contact with.  Enough said about some of those though  !!

Over the years I've sailed and worked with Poles, Rumanians, Russians, Latvians, Lithuanians, French, Germans, Dutch, Spaniards, Nigerians, Ghanaians, Sierra Leonians, Brazilians, Somalians, Indians, Pakistanis, Bangladeshis, Malaysians, Chinese, Filipinos and even Canadians and Australians. In all my time at sea sailing and working with all these different nationalities I have never had a problem with any of them that I wouldn't have had with someone who was British. In other words it's who you are, not where you come from.

• Upvote 1

The benefits of devolution Sid.   Seems the EU are ready to pursue a punishment style Brexit; which is to be expected, if they are to avoid the other 27 leaving. But, the principle involved is fairly simple, whatever they do to us, we do to them; on ex-pats, tariffs etc; which won't please German carmakers, French farmers or E/European labour.    :ph34r:

As i mentioned a few days ago re the EU not being a level playing field the same applies to expats . European citizens do far better living here in retirement with our range of benefits than do our expats living in European states...the government need to insist that our expats are looked after equally well as we look after foreign residents in the UK.

Listening to  M. Barnier today speaking in tongues about fantastic amounts of Euros owed by the UK, it seems we are being classed as bigger villains than the 3rd Reich who killed millions of citizens from the 27 countries who have so called been our friends for the last 40+ years. By the way didn't Madam Legrande  (IMF) get prosecuted for fraud a few weeks ago ? She still seems to be doing the rounds.

As with all insurrections, the ringleader(s) have to be made an example of, in order to deter the rest.  That's why all we will be offered by the EU, is humiliating deal - which means that "no deal" and no payments, will really be "better than a bad deal". If the EU want to cut off their noses to spite their faces, so be it. But we'll need a strong Leader and some historic bottle, to do it.    :angry: