Post Brexit rise in hate crimes

Broad brush indeed, your generation have been all over the news for the last week, blubbering into their mobiles about how their future has been stolen; and you've been doing it on here - pathetic.         8)

Something tickled me last week, I happened to listen to the Jeremy Vine radio show and the days subject was the ill feeling caused in families between young and old because of the result of the referendum vote to leave the EU.

To my amusement, most of the whiny, self centred brats who came on to hiss at their parents and elderly relatives were in the 25-40 age group...hmmm. 

On that basis, your taking more notice of me, as your replying to everything !!!! 

Should we have a post referendum count up of posts?  See who is on here all day everyday?  Do you think you may have more than me?  Is it a form of illness you are displaying?

A few weeks ago while driving through Birmingham, I let a white hire van into the lane ahead of me as I was in turn moving over to the right to get onto the Aston Expressway... the driver of the van continued to carry on right and eventually nearly ran into the front wing of my car.... I sounded the horn (as you do) at which point the driver of the van pushed into the path of my car and slammed on his brakes, forcing me to stop. Out got a very irate looking Sikh driver and a very angry looking Sikh youth from the passenger side.... the driver came right up to the drivers window of my car (which was half open) and proceeded to shower me with racist abuse.... "white b*****d... etc etc... were some of the milder expletives used.

I was very cam, and not wishing to get into a one-sided fist fight against 2 rather angry, younger males, I let him continue his racist ranting..... unfortunately the video camera in the car wasn't working, but I did manage to get a few shots of the white van.... I never bothered to report it, a) because it was their word against mine (plus there were two of them) and B).. would anyone believe me I thought? ...white guy racially abused by two peace loving Sikhs? 

• Upvote 1

Am I still on topic here?.....It's hard to keep up sometimes but if so maybe like the lady says 3 mins 42 secs into this that it should be made compulsory...it might make people take a step back and think.

I'd love to have mine done although my fear is that part of my dna make up is from a Sloth which could explain why it takes me so long to catch up and read through all the forum posts at the moment  :lol: 

Anyway watch the video.......what do you think ?

See the hate crimes topic ran out when we discovered it's a two way street ! So back to the crèche ! 8)

A hate crime is a hate crime regardless of the race, colour or creed of the perpetrator. The anecdote Baz posted wasn't even after the referendum but prior to it. As for back to the crèche, you go wherever you feel most comfortable.

So we've gone from "race" hate crime, to just "hate" crime. Well isn't that the basis of any act of violence against another - hate ? So just a crime then? And, has we've discovered, a two way street.    As for Baz's example: merely proof that such attitudes existed prior to the referendum and that the referendum had nothing to do with it. Thought you might return to the crèche to retrieve your dummy !       :lol:

Diz, an interesting video; but the science of human evolution now generally subscribes to the "out of Africa" theory; which claims all hominids originated in Africa, then migrated out to occupy the rest of the World. Our ancestors, Homo Sapien being the last wave, moving through Palastine, Turkey and into Europe, where they met and displaced Neanderthals, hence most Europeans now carry 4% Neanderthal genes ! Others moved on into Asia, but some Chinese scholars believe they developed from Homo Erectus, rather than Homo Sapien. In any event, with a common ancestory, it can be argued that we are all of one single race - the human race; in which case it would seem difficult to be "racist" about a relative !    8)

• Upvote 1

So we've gone from "race" hate crime, to just "hate" crime. Well isn't that the basis of any act of violence against another - hate ? So just a crime then? And, has we've discovered, a two way street. As for Baz's example: merely proof that such attitudes existed prior to the referendum and that the referendum had nothing to do with it. Thought you might return to the crèche to retrieve your dummy ! :lol:

Read the thread title you moron. The vile rhetoric and anti immigration hatred spread by parts of the leave campaign have stirred up a lot of hatred but as usual if it doesn't suit your dogma you shove your head up your arse and ignore the awkward truths.

tut tut, lots of hatred in your outbursts lately :lol:      Most folk don't "hate" migrants, they just don't want them here in uncontrolled numbers; a concern that has been there for decades prior to the referendum, all the referendum did was allow their concerns to be voiced on a ballot form. Tis your dogma, that tries desperately to conjure up some form of hatred scenario, behind what amounts to common sense.   8)    

Seems the hate business is a two way street -  seems some of the lefty luvvies aren't too luvvie; as the real reason for Nigel's exit has been alleged death threats on him and his two daughters.     8)

Seems the hate business is a two way street

<kicks over the pieces and craps all over the board>

"And the 2016 award for the statement of the bleedin' obvious goes to....."

Whoever thought that anything other than this was the case?

as the real reason for Nigel's exit has been alleged death threats on him and his two daughters.

Stephen Fry has threatened Nigel and his family?

<faints>

seems some of the lefty luvvies aren't too luvvie...

Oh dear, luvvie luvvie luvvie luvvie, careful man, you'll end up in A & E with a bloody stump.

And, has we've discovered, a two way street.    

And, has [sic] we've discovered, a two way street. 

No, maybe you've just discovered this, but everybody else has always known.

Looks like you're trying to get around to THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS HATE CRIME!

Are you?

That's excellent Diz, shame some posters are to afraid to learn anything to click on links.

Well I got two replies, one from you and one from Obs, so at least two of you took the time to watch it :D 

I must admit I thought my post would be completely ignored though with the battle that appears to be going on this topic and others too. 

I'm staying out of it all in case it's catching and I finish up a grumpy person too :lol: 

all acts of violence against the person must derive from hatred...

Rubbish.

The post Brexit smug factor has carried you too close to the sun where you seem to think you've become a leading authority on absolutely everything.

You haven't, get over yourself.

There was an item on the one o'clock news about Brexit may be a cause for a nursing shortage for future generations. An interesting reply was that we are not training enough of our own medical staff because it easier for the NHS to recruit from abroad.

What sort of society is it that overlooks the training & employment needs of its own citizens because it is cheaper to buy in the finished article which may or may not be as good as what we can produce ?

Yes,a newly liberated ,free thinking,free spirited & prosperous post Brexit Great Britain ,free of the ball & chain of Europe.

Get people training & into proper jobs & off benefits ,then we can invite overseas labour in to make up the shortfall. Ensure all immigrants are paid the same rate at least as British workers doing the same job so there can be no exploitation of foreign labour by employers.