The spillover thread

fugtifino

You know, thinking about this luvvie thing gave me the idea of trying to spot a few. Now, the streets are teeming with all sorts of people from all walks of life so it was no mean feat to try to track down and isolate a typical Luvvie as described by Observer.  Beard, toga, sandals.  Undeterred I plodded on.  I met many knuckle dragging, pit bull owning Fascists,  I came across aged casually racist folk, not once did I spot anything close to the pre described Luvvie until I came upon a church and outside someone had placed a depiction of my elusive quarry but from times gone by.  It appeared that some knuckle dragging Fascist thugs of old had brutally executed the poor chap, presumably for his dress code.  

or maybe a JC refresher course !!!!!!!     :lol:

Have you seen an typically dressed Luvvies on your nationwide travels?  By nationwide I mean from your house to the supermarket and back as this seems to be the entirety of your little world. Oh apart from a couple of weeks package tour per annum.

I was travelling the world before you were even thought of, and before PC took hold; so your up a dead end street with that one.   Have you found your dummy yet ? !      :lol:

where do you go now?  Not back before airtravel and motor cars but now?  The shop and back for fags?  You are my dummy Observer. :D

And that wasn't my point, as you know, though I'm not ashamed to say I watched it and thought it was a great series:

https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#safe=strict&q=the+royle+family+awards

The point was that, like Jim, you seem to believe that you can get an education second to none by sitting in front of the telly.

If you watch the right programmes, you can travel via the TV these days, and pick up on information. Problem for you would be, that it then has to be stored between your ears !     8)

That has to be one of your most stupid posts ever.  So you get your experience from the TV,  quality.  The man who has a go repeatedly about anyone getting information from the internet being ignorant is educated by TV.  I bet the only fresh air you get is when you watch Emmerdale.

You mean, there are RULES about how I should say things? Lordy, it's like PC gawn maaad, or something.

Milky, on the other thread you said that:

PC is all about pressure groups and loonies forcing their will on others.

Yet you can't come up with an example of when you've ever felt this has happened to you. I think you're just repeating the stuff you see in the headlines of the hated-filled tabloids and convincing yourself it's an opinion you've arrived at independently.

There are many examples of people being arrested because they voice the fact they feel homosexuality is wrong

Then it shouldn't be hard for you to come up with an example, should it?

Worryingly, this sounds a bit like you don't think there's anything wrong with queer bashing.

the loonies have even forced Benny Hill off TV

Hahaha, really?

You should read this, it's a list of lots of things that people (wrongly) blame Europe for:

http://blogs.ec.europa.eu/ECintheUK/euromyths-a-z-index/

Do you like your Coffee Milky?

Are you by any chance related?

You want an example of people being arrested for hate crime because they mentioned Muslim dress, four girls on a train in Manchester not so long ago.

And while I do not approve of queer bashing you probably think it is OK to persecute Christians because their religion does not approve of homosexuality. 

You want an example of people being arrested for hate crime because they mentioned Muslim dress, four girls on a train in Manchester not so long ago.

Interesting. I'm not familiar with the case, don't suppose you could come up with a link?

you probably think it is OK to persecute Christians because their religion does not approve of homosexuality.

Exactly what form would this persecution be in, Coffee?

Oh, and while you're around, have another look at #1, #3 and #10 again would you, there's a question that you seem to be avoiding.

Meanwhile, here's a real treat for you that the PC loonies don't seem to have banned yet, enjoy!

I'll leave you two in the crèche to explore the surreal.  8)     As for your "stupid" comment about TV;  even the luvvie BBC still produces quality news progs; travel, nature, history etc: all informative stuff if you have a brain that can retain it.   8)

I'll leave you two in the crèche to explore the surreal.  8)     As for your "stupid" comment about TV;  even the luvvie BBC still produces quality news progs; travel, nature, history etc: all informative stuff if you have a brain that can retain it.   8)

My brain retains the real things that I experience not some other persons take on things from a tv show.  What a plonker you are.  You don't get out much do you?