So - who should be the next Tory Leader ?

observer

You've got to appreciate the irony and hypocracy in all this: Jezz is being slagged off by the very people who forced him to campaign for Remain; had he supported Leave, Labour might have been electable. Now these back stabbing careerist MPs are trying to blame Jezz for their blunder; and if the Labour grass roots don't remove them, it'll be left to the Leave supporters to do it, at the next General Election.    :evil:

• Upvote 2

As they say, a week is a long time in politics & i should imagine both Dave & Nige are happy to see their first face to face EU meeting out of the way. Probably this time next week will see political stability returning & aims being set regarding negotiations.

With regards to this one and the man in the street, I'm with Sid Vicious.

I would be too, normally, but just every now and again the **** drags himself away from the footy, Big Brother and X Factor, away from the media propaganda, away from the politicians who tell him they own his opinion because of the colour of the rosette they wear, and he tells it like he sees it.

As the full horror of what he's done begins to descend on Johnson, he bricks it and backs out:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-36570120

Scenes before the announcement:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a6HNXtdvVQ&sns=fb

You were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/29/michael-goves-wife-doubts-boris-johnson-email-sarah-vine-dacre-murdoch

So, what's that plan again?

Whilst the Press play around with personality politics;  it is now for the Parties to come up with "that Plan" and submit them to the electorate in the near future; nothing hard or difficult, if they can sort out their current civil wars over individual ambition and self interest.     8)

All the time !    :lol:

No surely not........... 

All to play for in the Leadership stakes, Mrs May, Mr Gove are the front-runners at the moment, but Mrs Leadsom is certainly one to watch and might well pick up votes from Boris supporters as I can't see many transferring to Mr Gove. Could have an all women final two...and an agreement between them that Mrs May becomes PM and Mrs Leadsom becomes Deputy PM (currently we don't have one) with specific responsibility for negotiating and organising our exit from the EU. It will be interesting to see if Mr Johnson gets...or even wants a job in Government. He must be gutted as I think he really thought he would be the PM this time...ironically the Leave win was a set back for him, and Mr Gove's decision to stand could prove to be a blessing in disguise for him......as he won't now have sort out the exit from the EU.

Glad Mrs Leadson is standing, imo she's probably the best candidate. As for the rest, in both Parties, the public has had a rare glimpse of the true sordid nature of politics, which at the end of the day, is principally about climbing the greasy pole, not about the best interests of the Nation.    8)

Glad Mrs Leadson is standing, imo she's probably the best candidate. As for the rest, in both Parties, the public has had a rare glimpse of the true sordid nature of politics, which at the end of the day, is principally about climbing the greasy pole, not about the best interests of the Nation.    8)

They're bigging Andrea Leadsom up for all they're worth, I'm not sure if this is a real challenge or just an attempt to make the race interesting, we'll see.

They're bigging Andrea Leadsom up for all they're worth, I'm not sure if this is a real challenge or just an attempt to make the race interesting, we'll see.

Probably a combination of both, from what I understand, Mrs Leadsom is ambitious and is very able, not sure if she believes that at this stage she is ready to be PM or rather that she is putting down a high marker for her future ambition, from various reports it seems that she would like to be Chancellor...and certainly with her background and experience, it would be a job that she would be well suited to. Could easily end up with an all women shortlist which I think would be great, and both will be on it due to their merits not because of so called "positive discrimination" for women. I recall back in 1990, when Mrs Thatcher was forced out, after the first leadership ballot, all the candidates united behind John Major, and it became a coronation. At the moment Mr Cameron is in limbo...as is our country, so maybe a quick resolution and a new PM in place to get on with running the country and sorting out the Brexit would be best......I suppose for that to happen their needs to be a runaway leader in the first ballot, with possibly a second candidate doing OK, then deals can be done to get the matter resolved quickly. I would certainly be happy with Mrs May as PM, then maybe Mrs Leadsom as Deputy PM and running the Brexit, or as Chancellor with Mr Gove running the Brexit. Anyway I think the first ballot is on Tuesday so we shall see.

I think this referendum has been an eye opener for the voters to see the vitriol that is concealed within these so called parties of government & opposition & to see the lengths our MPs will go to to get their heads above the parapet.

The Right Honourable friends are more like a nest of vipers.

• Upvote 1

I don't care for May one little bit, most of the EU shenanigans which fuelled the leave vote occurred on her watch, and were rubber stamped without a murmur.

If the media are to be believed, Mrs Leadsom seems to be a throwback to a time when politicians were intelligent, dedicated and principled, no wonder we've heard so little of her.

Yes, Leadsom it is. 

I don't care for May one little bit, most of the EU shenanigans which fuelled the leave vote occurred on her watch, and were rubber stamped without a murmur.

If the media are to be believed, Mrs Leadsom seems to be a throwback to a time when politicians were intelligent, dedicated and principled, no wonder we've heard so little of her.

Yes, Leadsom it is. 

Well she has a very impressive CV, written it seems by none other than Hans Christian Anderson.