EU - in or out?

Gary

Erm read folks offerings properly PJ:  Dave suggested using "flat roofed warehouses", which there are a huge number of; rather than taking up arable land with solar farms.  

I suggest you try to read other peoples post properly Observer, my reference to farmers installing solar was in reply to Davy's mention of putting them in fields and upsetting the Countryside alliance.  Please do try to keep up.

Any building would do ,even the plush offices in town & city centres could be adapted for solar power. Anything with a roof for that matter. Solar power has been around for years,the technology is there & what could be greener ? I could imagine it being much more cost effective than some ideas such as wind & wave power which are both limited to tides & weather. Solar power only needs daylight & we have that every day.

Nice swerve PJ, but he was talking about using "flat roofed warehouses";  to which any such  Gov policy, you would find "nanny", as it doesn't suit YOU.  Still we digress:   Seems HMG is spending over £9million of our money on pro-EU propaganda - thought it would be a stitch up.  :evil:

It is a disgrace that the government should be spending so much money to browbeat the nation into favouring EU membership. Apparently though, there is quite a groundswell of opposition to EU membership throughout other member states who are inspired by the British rejectionist attitude.

• Upvote 1

Nice swerve PJ, but he was talking about using "flat roofed warehouses";  

Right, so he made no mention of fields and the Countryside alliance in the same post then?  I must have made it up.

I would welcome the installation of solar panels on every roof available in the country, just can't see it happening.  I imagine the costs would be astronomical and will only really become justified when fossil fuel becomes less readily available.

Your last sentence sounded like sense.   Dave, the Dutch have just had a referendum, rejecting any further EU expansion to the East with the future inclusion of Ukraine into the EU, provoking the Russians. But it appears the EU Mandarins are totally ignoring the result and pressing ahead (even Cameron signed up to it). So your right, many EU Countries are hoping for us to Brexit, so the whole rotten edifice will collapse.  :wink:

It is only to be hoped there is a good turn out for the referendum to make the result representative of the UK population. A poor turn out as in general elections would leave the electorate in a state of unresolved limbo although the outcome would be binding & conclusive.

What is to stop the government plastering  the countless modern ,flat roofed warehouses in Britain with solar panels to be fed into the national grid? There is no need to put solar panels in fields & upset the countryside alliance.

Lo & behold ,WBC are planning to install such a solar energy project on a building on the Omega development in order to help with council energy costs. I must be a prophet, where are those lottery numbers ?

I think more on topic is the fact that the main man championing the EU cause has been proven to be a lying (we knew that) tax-dodging pompous piece of work that has seen any shred of credibility disappear overnight. The document he is intending to send out that is to cost me and my fellow anti-EU voters £9million quid already has an online petition against it with over 160,000 signatures in 2 days!!!

Cameron is the best ambassador the Brexit campaign could wish for.... no one trusts a word he says and he is telling us we'd be better off in :) :smile: :)

Can I just step into this discussion... it is topical.

Just wanted to let you know that there is now a dedicated Facebook page especially for Warrington residents that covers the Leave arguments in the forthcoming EU referendum.

A lot of people have been asking for more information on this subject, before deciding. As the government are now spending £9m on presenting their arguments for staying in, this page at least provides counter-arguments.

Please feel free to comment, and invite your friends to Like it if you think it is worthwhile visiting https://www.facebook.com/WarringtonLeave/

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1