EU - in or out?

Gary

There are always claims of irregularities which seem to vanish into the ether when evidence is requested, Farage did it at the last by election. I would have no respect for the views of anyone who didn't bother voting

Well ch4 has exposed the scam in Thanet South; just waiting for the Police investigation now; but I wouldn't put money on any prosecutions - such are powers of political parties.  :wink:  Got my ballot too, just waiting for a pro-EU juvenile to convince me now .   :lol:

For corruption watchers, the Birmingham Sparkbrook ward is an entertaining case, postal voting went up from 28,000 to 70,000 before one council election in 2004 and there were actual reports of people turning up at polling stations and counts with sacks of postal votes, while the police raided an empty warehouse shortly before election day to find industrial quantities of unsealed postal votes ready to be filled in.

Some gentlemen called Shah Jahan, Shafaq Ahmed, Ayaz Khan, Mohammed Nasrul Islam and Mohammed Amin Kazi (titter ye not) got their hands slapped over it, but in spite of a High Court Judge condemning the affair as being 'worse than a banana republic' nobody did time.

As late as 2014 one local MP stated that he was convinced it was still going on. 

• Upvote 1

so the referendum is going to be fixed by the ethnic minority( sounds silly that doesn't it)?  Seems this rears its head as an excuse for failure after every  UKIP defeat.  Farage bleated about the same thing after the defeat at Oldham  but produced no evidence, same when humiliated in South Thannet ,  not a very good loser is he?  His local worshippers seem to be getting this excuse in a month or more before the election even happens.

There should only be voting in person on the day of the referendum with an indelible stamp on every voters hand. The cost of setting up temporary overseas polling stations in British embassies would be offset by a genuine vote.

And where would that leave the likes of me Davy? At sea on board a ship. Long distance lorry drivers driving in foreign countries nowhere near an embassy. Airline personnel on board aircraft at 30000 feet. Disenfranchised? There may be a problem with fraudulent voting, but I doubt it's so widespread as to need your solution.

And where would that leave the likes of me Davy? At sea on board a ship. Long distance lorry drivers driving in foreign countries nowhere near an embassy. Airline personnel on board aircraft at 30000 feet. Disenfranchised? There may be a problem with fraudulent voting, but I doubt it's so widespread as to need your solution.

You could send your vote  up through the funnel as a puff of white or black smoke as in papal elections , maybe electronic voting for the others then with passport verification....computer or iphone maybe. Abandon the rubber stamp.

re south Thanet, wasn't the investigation closed in 2015?  If it is to do with the alleged overspending/misallocation by the Tories then hardly anything to do with Labour stuffing ballots full of ethnic postal votes now is it?

There shouldn't really be any problem with postal voting considering how much the government knows about everyone of us . For instance when any one of us meets our demise ,all a loved one needs to do is go along to the nearest government office with a death certificate & NI number & automatically every one of your pensions suppliers ,doctors ,gov departments you deal with will be told immediately by electronic means. I am sure production of passport details/ driving licence details and NI number  with any postal vote would give enough protection to the voting system.

• Upvote 1

Did anyone say "foreigner" ?  Presumably all those entitled to vote would be British citizens, and registered electors. But don't let that spoil your PC rant !    :wink:     Perhaps you could address the topic, given you've "failed" to win any converts !   :lol:

No need to convert anyone apparently, with the exception of you, and frankly I couldn't be bothered undoing all that PC brainwashing. I don't "blame" the immigrants one bit, I blame the EU, and UK Gov, and stupid naïve luvvies for taking us from one crisis to the next, and not deporting them asap.   :roll:

• Upvote 3

Brainwashed?  I will leave that to the likes of Farage and his lies.

You have nothing against immigrants and in the same post you want them deporting immediately, make up your mind as thats  Xenophobia at its finest.

So go on, who brainwashed me?  How was it done?