EU - in or out?

Gary

Your trying to turn stupidity into an art form now:  the "huge threat to this Nation" is from the totality of uncontrolled ILLEGAL immigration, aided by the incompetence of the EU, and fostered by the liberal tendencies of the ECHR; whether the immigrants arrive in or under lorries, in boats, in the wheel bays of aircraft or just come over as bogus students and over-stay their visas. We have no powers to immediately deport these illegals when caught, in fact quite the opposite, thanks to the ECHR, and the Home Secretary knows this more than anyone. Perhaps the referendum should have been to stay or leave the ECHR; which would have killed two birds with one stone, as if we left the ECHR, we could no longer be a member of the EU ! 

Oooh has it become 'one of those days' on here again  :lol: 

How about if I play devils advocate...shall we all start at a figure of say 1000 and then say higher or lower until someone finally gets to the right number and wins ? 

Mmmn but if the authorities don't know the actual number how do we decide who's the winner on here ?  Yet another dilemma to ponder over :blink::lol:

It doesn't really matter as immigration, legal or illegal, is immaterial as to whether we are better in or out of the EU. So serial bickerers PJ and Obs may as well open a private thread to call each other names and give everyone else a bit of peace :lol:

I will have to Google the answer as you are too embarrassed to furnish us all with one.  

Oooh was that in reply to me PJ ?  If it was then sorry as I have no idea either of the number so alas I can't furnish you... I could try though if you like if it means you can get an early night  :lol:

That's just the ones they know about - you said it Diz, no one knows, not even the Gov, as those that elude the authorities merely melt into the population.

and nor do you so stop making stuff up.  You go on about the remain campaign being Project Fear, you have spent years running around like chicken little scaremongering.  Not so long back you claimed that ebola was going to be spread to Britain by immigrants from Africa sneaking in under trucks.  It never happened.  This wasn't your only wild scare story either just the latest in a long list and now you are at it again.  Surprisingly I am in agreement with Asperity regarding the EU referendum and immigration.

Oooh was that in reply to me PJ ?  If it was then sorry as I have no idea either of the number so alas I can't furnish you... I could try though if you like if it means you can get an early night  :lol:

Ha no Dizzy, it was meant for Chicken Little.

If I had only one sentence to sum up why I am in favour of remaining in this quote to Anthony Hilton of the Evening Standard would be one of the ones I would choose.

"I once asked Rupert Murdoch why he was so opposed to the European Union, 'That’s easy,' he replied. 'When I go into Downing Street they do what I say; when I go to Brussels they take no notice."

• 2 weeks later...

Naivity and gullibility may be trending right now, but this EU debate to-date has taken it to new levels. The latest is the suggestion by two previous intelligence chiefs, that Brexit will compromise intelligence sharing and security. Now that's after over a million migrants have illegally entered the EU, and walked all the way to Germany. That's how secure the EU is. The idea that this economic Union, with ambitions to political Union has better security is ludicrous, we have had intelligence links with other countries inside and outside the EU, which will persist beyond Brexit, as it's in their mutual interest to do so. Thankfully, another previous Head of Intelligence Services has balanced things up by making the same point.

• Upvote 1

If I had only one sentence to sum up why I am in favour of remaining in this quote to Anthony Hilton of the Evening Standard would be one of the ones I would choose.

"I once asked Rupert Murdoch why he was so opposed to the European Union, 'That’s easy,' he replied. 'When I go into Downing Street they do what I say; when I go to Brussels they take no notice."

does rupert really have much influence in Downing Street these days?

His newspapers have been trashed so much that I find it hard to believe anyone would take anything seriously what he says.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

does rupert really have much influence in Downing Street these days?

His newspapers have been trashed so much that I find it hard to believe anyone would take anything seriously what he says.

FFS  have you the ability to read?