Minimum wage

Robbo

Part time workers are entitled to the same aged based minimum wage as full time employees so as you say Robbo anyone aged 21 of over should get £6.70 by law.

Maybe subway have just accidentally put the wrong amount on their advert in the shop (ie the under 21 rate)...although saying that it's £5.30 an hour not £5.31.

Robbo, where exactly is the 'Subway' you saw this advert in?

What it needs is a photo of the advert putting on social media which would encourage boycotting of those who think they can operate on slave labour. This would be far more effective than reporting it to 'the authorities' and certainly more effective than reporting it to 'the politicians' who have done nothing to ensure that the minimum wage is a liveable wage.

Interesting article but would have been more relevant if they had actually put the hourly rate of the staff instead of what hadn't been paid to x number of staff.

There could be many reasons why the staff hadn't been paid this amount from lack of money to actually pay them to some sort of disciplinary reason. Does not mean that they are not paying them the minimum wage just that they are not paying them x amount.

Did I hear something recently about plans to prevent directors taking dividends if they aren't paying their staff at least minimum a wage? 

Bill :)

It was an idea brought up by Jeremy Corbyn and amazingly I found myself agreeing with that one (It was the living wage I believe not the minimum wage because to pay less is already supposed to be illegal) ....although again there are times when some small business owners take a reduced salary and top it up from dividends from whatever profits they make 

I would agree that the likes of the FTSE 100 companies and big employers being bound by something similar though

• 2 weeks later...

You can blame green subsidies for the increases in energy prices

Bollox:

The Government gives the fossil-fuel industry nearly £6bn a year in subsidies, almost twice the financial support it provides to renewable-energy providers...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/uk-government-pays-6bn-a-year-in-subsidies-to-fossil-fuel-industry-a6730946.html

so 6bn to keep the lights and power on and to keep the wheels of industry turning and about half to keep a few windmills turning and the lights on in a town the size of Appleton.... I know where I'd rather the money went and it isn't on windmills

• Upvote 1

I think the latest figures show around 25% of our electricity comes from renewables (always bearing in mind that wind and solar require backup for when the wind isn't blowing/sun isn't shining). And remember this is just electricity. What about transport? Most transport uses fossil fuels, so renewables don't even enter the equation here. Oh, and the "Independent"? Talk about misnomer :lol: :lol: