World War 111

Stallard12

You keep referring to the multiple groups of anti-Assad rebels, which range from secular moderates all the way up to the ISIL nutters; none of whom imo, should be relied on or supported. If anything, we should be supporting Assad in order to impose some stability in Syria, then rational politics and diplomacy may have a chance. Alas, I think we need to be wary of Camoron's move to get involved in Syria, as 1) If we're attacking ISIL in Iraq, it contributes to the aim of eliminating ISIL anyway, so why bother with Syria? 2) Why would Camoron want authority for military intervention in Syria (without a UN mandate btw)? Is it because it would then leave the option open for attacks on Assad's forces and eventual regime change? Seems we're being played by our own Gov too !

Innocent people get killed in wars, a good reason not to have them in the first place if you can help it; but sometimes it's the only way.  Despite all the hype about precision weapons, they havn't invented an explosive yet, that distinguishes between the innocent and the guilty. ISIL has to be annialated asap; just hope the West don't complicate matters by moving on against Assad.  :huh: 

We aren't in a World War, is that beyond your comprehension? We aren't even at war.  We are bombing terrorists and making our usual hash of it.  You can't just keep going back to WW2 it's stupid to compare apples and oranges.  So, in numbers, how many dead Syrian children is acceptable in your eyes?

Cos it's a view shared by an influential minority. A nonsense view of course, as it tries to sanitise war, by placing all sorts of moral restrictions on it. If you don't want innocent lives lost, then don't have wars; but I guess those killed in Paris would count themselves as "innocent" too.

Ah Paris, 129 innocents slaughtered.  Most , if not all of the murderers were European.  It's wrong, as wrong as it gets but how many innocent people do you think we as a bunch of allies have killed while they were going about their business?  A million, 2 ?  I know its not the same to you  as they don't really look like us and they aren't Christians, but they are human beings and as such deserve the chance of a life.  The day before the Paris massacre there was another massacre in Lebanon carried out by supporters of ISIS.  I am still waiting for it to be mentioned on here.  In fact I can forgive you as the press hardly mentioned it either, compared with the French killings that is.  It is our behaviour and actions in Iraq and Afghanistan and Syria that the Jihadists use to recruit and radicalise these killers.  If you want to kill them all and aren't at all concerned about the millions of innocent lives you take, perhaps several squadrons of heavy bombers could drop thousands of daisy cutter bombs and hopefully get the ISIS troops too.  Or perhaps as has been suggested on here we could nuke em all or drop ebola bombs on them.  Makes you all warm inside knowing folk actually think like that.

"Most, if not all" - we're members of ISIL, their leader walked into Europe with the migrants you keep feeling sorry for. I've as much sympathy for "Christians" as I have for "Moslems"; it's this superstitious antiquated nonsense that provides fertile ground for radical extremists, in the first place. No need for nukes etc; just air strikes targeted from the ground by our special forces, allowing anti-ISIL forces to advance and take ground, thereby protecting your "innocent civilians" from being stoned to death or decapitated by a Jihaddi John.

They were all members of ISIL.  So you want to send our special forces into Syria too now?  All very easy from the comfort of your armchair knowing that no matter what crap you spout it doesn't matter.    When the stonings have reached a million they will have caught us up in the kill innocent civilians stakes.  You cannot vilify one group for doing what you advocate yourself.  Makes you as big a monster as them.

Didn't say "send special forces into Syria" - they're in Iraq at the moment, but I don't expect you to know. So, stonings and decapitations are OK, just so long as there numbers are kept low? Perhaps an Army of toga wearing luvvies could sort out ISIL, by bombarding them with love?! :lol:    Sorry, but mad dogs have to be put down, and with ISIL, the sooner the better. :twisted:

We are discussing the bombing of Syria not Iraq, we are already doing that. I can see you are rattled as you keep getting all offensive. We were discussing Syria and the groups and Assad remember ? Your argument must be failing even your wafer thin tests of reason.

The war against ISIL, involves an area they call the Caliphate, which currently includes parts of Syria AND Iraq - get your atlas out or google it. WE are NOT bombing Syria YET; WE (with our 6 jets), are currently bombing ISIL targets in Iraq; unless of course we get a tip off about Jihaddi John, then we (unofficially)use a drone to take him out (wherever he is!). So we are discussing the bombing of ISIL in the Caliphate. Now Camoron has raised the totally academic issue of bombing them in Syria; academic, because the Yanks, French and other allies are already doing that anyway, so our presence is totally superficial. What we need to be asking our MPs, is why is it suddenly imperitive to extend our operations into Syria, which could eventually include boots on the ground? Could it be that Camoron has his eye on regime change in Syria, which would indeed become a major escalation of the conflict, as the Russians are committed to preserving the elected President of Syria, namely Bashir Assad.

Does it really? I bet you worked that out all by yourself.  Do you really think you are so superior to other people that you are the only person on the planet who can read a newspaper and watch the news? Nothing new or enlightening in any of what you just posted, just a rehash of what Sky news are peddling all day every day.  ?  Why do you keep going on about Jihaddi John?  I thought you knew everything?  You are aware that the UK airforce drones are collecting a large proportion of the intel over Syria aren't you?  Of course you are.  You know everything.  You know how and where and how many forces to deploy to fix the entire mess in Syria, and how to bring together all the people fighting each other,  and you know exactly how to stop refugees fleeing war zones and how to deal with those who already have, and you know how to make Britain rich and powerful.  All without leaving your armchair.  I do apologise, I always seem to forget you have the answers to everything.  My bad.