Cracks appear in the EU -

observer

Seems the recent Portuguese elections delivered a majority for leftist Parties, who oppose the EU imposed austerity policies. However, the President has refused to accept their coalition into Government, citing their threat to commitments to the EU. So a clear example of the real nature of democracy in Europe and where the real power lies. Still, another crack in the edifice.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ops, don't be as stupid as you normally are, did Portugal agree a package with the EU?, yes they did, all the President was doing was saying honer it, what a crap attempt at miss information, is that what you peddle these days, lies!!!!, ..................No change their then !!!!!!!!!!!!

Errm, nope: the issue here is one of democracy V autocracy, as it was in Greece. Problem is some of these countries want to be in it, but don't like the price. So, they'll have to tolerate austerity or get out - and the getting out option will become more attractive in time, especially when the duly elected Parties are not allowed to govern.

Complete crap, when you take out a loan, you agree terms, as happened in Portugal. you trying to dress it as cracks is just crap, they took money from the EU, the money came with terms, which in case you had forgotten were agreed.

Ahh yes... terms and conditions.... now remind me again what the terms and conditions of the referendum my mum and dad voted on regarding the UK staying part of the trading block called the European Economic Community.... the edifice that has since morphed into the EUSSR we are stuck in now

My mum and dad agreed to the terms that were laid out back in the early 70's.... they certainly didn't agree to all the nonsense and dictatorship we have now Kije.... 

Ahh yes... terms and conditions.... now remind me again what the terms and conditions of the referendum my mum and dad voted on regarding the UK staying part of the trading block called the European Economic Community.... the edifice that has since morphed into the EUSSR we are stuck in now

My mum and dad agreed to the terms that were laid out back in the early 70's.... they certainly didn't agree to all the nonsense and dictatorship we have now Kije.... 

What exactly is the EUSSR ?  is it real or just made up?

I think you or someone else of a similar mindset did make it up as it simply doesn't exist as a genuine an acronym.  Another fallacy it appears.

Well it is very widely used acronym from what I can see (a quick Google search throws up 184,000 results) so how you can say it doesn't exist I'm not sure.

What qualifies it as being a "genuine" acronym? Is there a "genuine acronym" place where we can go to find out if the acronym we are using is genuine or not? 

Not "crap" at all Kije; just a reference to the democratic process, you know the one - Gov by the people for the people; which trumps any bureaucratic dictate by the EU; to claim otherwise is to accept that the member states of the EU don't have any democracy - something we've been saying for years.

Well it is very widely used acronym from what I can see (a quick Google search throws up 184,000 results) so how you can say it doesn't exist I'm not sure.

Ah  its on Google.  A quick search of the easter bunny brought up almost 17 million results so that must be real too lol.  In fact, by your suggested  method of proving genuine existence the Easter bunny is almost 100 times more genuine than your made up acronym.  What do you believe the letters stand for?

28cjaqg.jpg

Ah  its on Google.  A quick search of the easter bunny brought up almost 17 million results so that must be real too lol.  In fact, by your suggested  method of proving genuine existence the Easter bunny is almost 100 times more genuine than your made up acronym.  What do you believe the letters stand for?

What qualifies it as being a "genuine" acronym? Is there a "genuine acronym" place where we can go to find out if the acronym we are using is genuine or not? 

I think someone probably just took the EU of the European Union and added the SSR of the former USSR and made it up.  Logically it should stand for the European Union of Soviet States of Russia.  Makes no sense really.  If the EU is so bad you wouldn't need to make stuff up .  :wink:

Well I suppose it has to stand for something to begin with

Well apparently we are both wrong. It is an initialism not an acronym

Apparently an acronym can only be an acronym if the resulting word can be pronounced in its' own right as a form of word such as LASER or RAM..... Initialisms are similar but the resulting shortened down word is usually unpronounceable such as FBI or CIA

I never knew that :)

But seeing as the UK is probably the biggest market for German goods in Europe (BMW, Mercedes, Miele etc) I very much doubt that they would be so keen to jeopardise such sales.... and anyway, the EU is doomed so there won't be an EU to worry about in the future.!