Police Heli is up and circling but WHY ?

Dizzy

I've just been watching the police helicopter in the distance circling round and round (11.50pm) around the area of Walton Drag (Chester Road) Lower Walton and it's still doing it now and it's got me thinking.

Why whenever it's up don't they ever tell anyone why that is via the police's facebook or twitter pages ?   I'm sat here wondering now...has their been an armed robbery? a break in? is someone missing? is there a maniac on the loose?

Surely a little info would be a good thing if only to alert people of the reason and/or to put their minds at rest.  There's rarely anything one the news pages in the days after either so nobody ever finds out the reason.

Maybe they are just up there taking night time photo's and having fun though......

It often annoys the hell out of me when I watch these Police car chase programmes like "Police Interceptors" and the likes...

The cops whizz round in Subaru Imprezzas and BMWs.... they have half a dozen cars chasing two lads on a stolen scooter across 50 miles of countryside.... the helicopter is called out (at thousands of pounds an hour) and then at the end, Jamie Theakston says.... "and the two lads who stole a scooter and tied up 6 police cars, 2 dog vans, a police motorbike and the helicopter for 3 hours, got a 3 month suspended sentence and were ordered to pay a victim surcharge of £3.87)

Money wel spent :) :)

It often annoys the hell out of me when I watch these Police car chase programmes like "Police Interceptors" and the likes...

The cops whizz round in Subaru Imprezzas and BMWs.... they have half a dozen cars chasing two lads on a stolen scooter across 50 miles of countryside.... the helicopter is called out (at thousands of pounds an hour) and then at the end, Jamie Theakston says.... "and the two lads who stole a scooter and tied up 6 police cars, 2 dog vans, a police motorbike and the helicopter for 3 hours, got a 3 month suspended sentence and were ordered to pay a victim surcharge of £3.87)

Money wel spent :) :smile:

When do you ever see police on motor cycles, perhaps if they were on motorcycles they could chase them without the chopper, but then the police are not allowed to chase anyone these days especially if the criminal is on a motorcycle.

Good point Baz and maybe that is the reason they rarely say why it was up if it perhaps it wasn't too serious and issue. Not saying that it's not right to persue any criminal of course no matter how seemingly small the crime may be.  I'd lock anyone up who committed an offence grrr !!

Does it really cost £1000's per hour to have the heli up :shock: :shock: 

When do you ever see police on motor cycles, perhaps if they were on motorcycles they could chase them without the chopper, but then the police are not allowed to chase anyone these days especially if the criminal is on a motorcycle.

Other than events like when the queen came, the olympic torch run through town and of course Creamfields I can;t actually recall seeing police motorbikes on the roads at any other time.

Maybe that is down to the risks and safety of officers riding them though as I'd imagine chasing a stolen car for example on a motorbike is a pretty dangerous thing to do.  

To be quite honest i think all these police forces miss a trick,especially at weekends, Christmas & New Year.,,,,Why not get the riot vans up & running as minibuses taking revellers home & making a few bob towards constabulary funds into the bargain.

They can't, the riot vans are already full of right wing thugs as it is so no room for any more thugs!!