Lib Dem leaflet....

Bazj

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Supposition and conversations with 'other Independents' teaming up with parties.

I keep telling you I'm a 'her'!

Watching your post election interview Paul is my source of information. Why did you change from Independent to Conservative?

I have already said that I really rate the role of Independents. I think we should have more, but financing an election is often beyond the means of many, which is a shame.

What were your reasons?

I don't propose to continue this discussion with Chrissy beyond this post, it is a totally sterile debate....and the Snooker World Final starts shortly. :wink:

I have been a card carrying member of the Conservative Party for over two years, something I had to apply for by way of CV, References and interview because quite clearly as a former Conservative voter I had chosen to stand in a General Election as an Independent with a "Conservative" election address.

Since 2006 every election I have stood for has been under the Conservative banner and that is the way it will remain until such time as I retire from politics. I am very content with the Party locally and Nationally, and with continued hard work it will return an MP here in Warrington South and form our next Government with a working majority.

Thank you and Good Afternoon to you. :wink::)

But you can make it more interesting by hitting your opponent over the head with the cue! :lol::lol::wink:

:D:lol::D More subtle is an accidental poke in the eye... make sure the cue is chalked first though, it tends not to slip :lol::D

• 2 weeks later...
Seems you were politically outmanoevred by the LibDems in Liverpool, as they signed up one of your black sheep! :roll::D

No, I'd say they lost control care of the voters then regained control thanks to a political agreement with a noise out of joint former labour councillor.However, given the tactics currently being employed in the liverpool lib dem leadership race I'd be surprised if they lasted the two years until the next local elections.

I was one of the unlucky ones who got one of the Lib Dem leaflets which made a point of noting that the 5 Tory councillors should be voted off in favour of their councillors so that Labour don't get back in control again.

Fine.... no problem with that.

However will they now advocate voting for a Tory candidate in the forthcoming general election? That way the 21% of the vote the Lib Dems currently have (according to todays papers....)can go towards getting Brown and his Darling out of Downing Street!

I do doubt it will work both ways though..... do you??

[ 18.03.2008, 11:14: Message edited by: BazJ ]

yes it does, Clegg has said he would back the Tories in a hung parliament, feel free to vote lib dem in the full knowledge you are backing a Tory government 8)8)8)8)8)