Lib Dem leaflet....

Bazj

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by BazJ:

That way the 21% of the vote the Lib Dems currently have (according to todays papers....)

Not even that in Warrington South Baz

http://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/

Vulnerable seats then click on Warrington South :wink:

I understand the local L/Ds are distraught at both the polling predictions and the rapid renaissance of Warrington South Conservative Association over the last year...that is why they campaign so negatively...and misquote me.

Ah, welcome to the world of the Lib Dems.Still, you had the last laugh were it counts, at the ballot box 8)

Actually it was not a fabulous result for the Lib Dems, in Bewsey & Whitecross despite all of the "campaigning" the Liberal Democrat candidate needed to rely on the BNP vote to get elected. In Poulton South, a seat the Liberal Democrats targeted with a vitriolic campaign and a former Labour person as their candidate, they failed to take it.

I understand the L/D Leader, Nick Clegg had to call off his planned victory visit to Warrington and that local Liberal Democrats are having to explain to him what went so wrong.

I am told the current Warrington South PPC made a victory announcement on TV some two week ago, rather reminds me of Kinnock having a victory celebration prior to the 1992 election, and we all know what the result was there.

I have to say at the stage prior to the announcement a young person who I assume was a L/D regional organiser acted in a most unseemly manner without any regard to his own candidate, Cllr Peter Walker's feelings at what must have been a most difficult time. Have these people no heart. Shameful, really shameful.

There will indeed be an election in 4 years time, and what will be will be. :wink:

I understand L/D feelings towards me, I cost them overall control over the Council, that is life, get over it.

Paul I would like to think you are an honourable sort of person, but innuendo doesn't become you. The 'victory speech' you refer to was, I assume, Jo's appearance on the Politics Show? I watched it, and in response to a question from the presenter to 'forecast' the local results each candidate, not unaturally, was optimistic about their chances. Whenever you were asked about your chances what did you say? 'Oh, I think I'm going to lose'!!!

Bewsey and Whitecross was won because voters wanted us to win-pure and simple. Presumeably that's why you won your seat?

As to the behaviour of one of our organisers-please elaborate. I was there 'til nearly 4am and didn't see or hear anything untoward. Or were you eavesdropping?

It was regarding a recount, which of course was not required. I don't do evesdropping, you don't have to think I'm an honourable person, I am. Please PM me I would like to know who you are,

With regard to a fabulous result in Bewsey, your definition is somewhat different to mine and indeed to most other people who live in the real world:

L C L/D OTHER

Bewsey and Whitecross

2007 797 123 1249 0 2169

2008 834 194 945 172 2145

37 71 -304 172 -24

2007 37% 6% 58% 0% 100%

2008 39% 9% 44% 8% 100%

Lab to Con 1%

LibDem to Con 17%

OOPS comes out a little odd but I guess most people can work out the figures and the fall in L/D vote/share. Seems the L/D current PPC is somewhat of a liability. I guess B & W always looks better from Birmingham :wink:

5am results update:

Projected national share of the vote (BBC)

Conservative 44%

Liberal Democrat 25%

Labour 24%

Council control

The Liberal Democrats retained control of:

Cambridge

Eastleigh

Liverpool

Rochdale

Stockport

Liverpool was Labour?s number one target. The council composition is now Lib Dem 46, Labour 39, Liberals 3, Greens 2 (total 90).

The Liberal Democrats gained control of:

St Albans

Hull

Results from Lib Dem controlled Watford, Newcastle, Three Rivers and South Lakeland will be declared later today ? as will Sheffield.

The Liberal Democrats lost control in Pendle and West Lindsey.

Following these elections Liberal Democrats are just one seat short of overall control in: Oldham (4 gains), Warrington (1 gain) and Cheltenham (3 gains).

Liberal Democrats will continue to be the largest party in Cardiff (2 gains), Sefton (1 gain), North East Lincolnshire (1 gain) and are now also the largest party in Derby (5 gains) and Exeter (1 gain)

Councillors elected

Liberal Democrats made 137 gains in these elections four years ago and have successfully defended those gains. It appears that we will continue to have around 4,200 council seats (21% of the total in Great Britain)

That is pretty successful in my book!

Councillors elected

Liberal Democrats made 137 gains in these elections four years ago and have successfully defended those gains. It appears that we will continue to have around 4,200 council seats (21% of the total in Great Britain)

So in four years; despite a massive collapse of the Labour vote; the LibDems managed to stay exactly where they were 4 years ago?

Hmmm.... one persons failure is anothers sucess I guess!!

Errm, didn't you win the last one on less than 40%?! :?:roll::wink: Seems your "core" voters are either not voting at all or voting for protest parties - and with fiascos like the 10p tax band saga - no wonder! :roll::D

a win is a win.Labour didn't invent the parliamentary electoral system we currently have, most seats wins 8)8) Supporters of the governing parties voting for protest parties at local elections is the norm , sorry to break that hard fact to you :roll:

5am results update:

Projected national share of the vote (BBC)

Conservative 44%

Liberal Democrat 25%

Labour 24%

Council control

The Liberal Democrats retained control of:

Cambridge

Eastleigh

Liverpool

Rochdale

Stockport

Liverpool was Labour?s number one target. The council composition is now Lib Dem 46, Labour 39, Liberals 3, Greens 2 (total 90).

The Liberal Democrats gained control of:

St Albans

Hull

Results from Lib Dem controlled Watford, Newcastle, Three Rivers and South Lakeland will be declared later today ? as will Sheffield.

The Liberal Democrats lost control in Pendle and West Lindsey.

Following these elections Liberal Democrats are just one seat short of overall control in: Oldham (4 gains), Warrington (1 gain) and Cheltenham (3 gains).

Liberal Democrats will continue to be the largest party in Cardiff (2 gains), Sefton (1 gain), North East Lincolnshire (1 gain) and are now also the largest party in Derby (5 gains) and Exeter (1 gain)

Councillors elected

reaqin control of liverpool? Did you have to stifle a smile as you typed that? You lost Liverpool at the ballot box.As for your last paragraph- to sum up- you are stalled. :wink:

I haven't spoken to anyone in Liverpool,so like you I only know what I've read. Seems to have been a strategic move - just like Warrington Conservatives providing incentives to two independents to stand as Tories on Thursday. Still, only one got in. :):)

I've just upgraded it Peter. My fear is that because I post in my own name and have promised....on Warrington TV ( that Gary is a whiley interviewer) not to not hide behind a nom de plume, my life could get more difficult and in effect impossible to continue posting on this Forum, something I really enjoy and for me personally much more preferable to having my own blog site. Anyway we'll see how we go. :wink:

I haven't spoken to anyone in Liverpool,so like you I only know what I've read. Seems to have been a strategic move - just like Warrington Conservatives providing incentives to two independents to stand as Tories on Thursday. Still, only one got in. :):)

Who was that then :?

See Chrissy hasn't replied, wonder why. Guess advice from her...(I'm assuming it is a her apologies if not) party heirachy and the prospect of legal action might have something to do with it. :wink:

Supposition and conversations with 'other Independents' teaming up with parties.

I keep telling you I'm a 'her'!

Watching your post election interview Paul is my source of information. Why did you change from Independent to Conservative?

I have already said that I really rate the role of Independents. I think we should have more, but financing an election is often beyond the means of many, which is a shame.

What were your reasons?

Obs- I presume the Police Authority rep will be up for grabs now. should be interesting.