Syrian immigrants

Egbert

I inferred that the Sport was being funny not nasty, although how would you describe someone who baselessly accused photographers of being sick enough to drag a babies body around to get a better angle for a photo? or a pice an of posing with a dummy of a child's corpse for effect. Get a grip.....

Poison gas attacks? What next?

The only reason they're going in is to take control of the oil resources and rob the other resources.

The only reason they're going in NOW is because they're worried Corbyn is gaining popularity and if he gets in power he'll stop them lining their greedy pockets.

PJ. You wrote "EXCEPT that the Sport was being comical not nasty" Perhaps you need to get a grip on English grammar!

As for what I wrote being "baseless";

How do you account for there being two different photos of the body in two entirely different places? Do you think the 'dead' kid got up and walked from the rocks to the beach or vice-versa?

Good grief that's one heck of a conspiracy theory Sha and even after reading all your posts twice  I still can't get my head round it all to enable me to post any sort of direct reply.

All I will say though is that national press often report thing differently, their reporters ask different questions and even come to different conclusions in their reports depending on what they want to 'achieve'.

As for the reaction of the father well it was clear to see from all photos and live news coverage that he was absolutely distraught, how could a man in such a traumatised state make any sense as I know I wouldn't have been able to if I had been in his position and my family had just died because of a choice I made.

As for him never posting photos of his wife and children on facebook....well my dad has a facebook account and he's never posted any photos of us either but that doesn't mean we don't exist. 

At the end of the day that poor little boy drowned as did his brother and their mum, just as many others have too, so out of respect to them all I'm not saying any more re the conspiracy theories :( 

I think maybe DC has been wrong footed at the present time by the realisation that the whole sorry mess needs to be sorted out at source. His main bug bear though is to commit the UK to any action without the sanction of American involvement which will not happen ,either yea or nay, till after the American elections. Too much sabre rattling could leave us on a go it alone limb without full American or NATO support. The cause is a worldwide problem that needs to be dealt with accordingly.

Whatever the truth is about this individual, and I share people's scepticism; it would seem that an iconic photograph became a game changer, in a world of fickle emotion. However, now that this intoxication of sentiment is starting to wear off, and the hangover of reality kicks in; folk can wrestle with the consequences of their gullibility. Many have drowned in attempting to cross in unsafe, overloaded boats; so it would seem rather than encouraging even more to try, by taking them in; the EU should have been pursuing a policy of rescue and return (to Turkey or Libya), not completing their journey to Europe. The majority of these people are economic migrants, not refugees; and should be deported accordingly.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

its not the enhancement that is powerful but the message.  This photo is as powerful an image as I have seen,  just like the girl in Vietnam running from the bombing,  and we both know that was before photoshop.  Right place, right time has always been the luck/skill/curse  a photographer needs .

In this day and age.

First sign of an accident or major incident people reach for their mobiles. Not to call the emergency services but to get video footage to post on u-tube and facebook and the like.

And your statement says it all "reasonable human being", "sensationalist journalists" don't seem to fall into this category, get the story by any means and get it back to the head office is their main aim. checking to see that somebody is alive or not does not come under that remit.

As I said earlier......

"If there was no 'Turkish Captain' on the boat and no 'people smugglers' and it was he who was steering the boat - what does that make him?"

I think there'll be more revelations about Mr Kurdi following today's reports.

Anything about photographers dragging corpses about the place to back up your allegations?

The boy was photographed on his front which tells me that no one checked to see if he was dead before the shot was taken. I think a reasonable human being would have checked to see if it were possible to save him before snapping away.

the body could have been checked many times before the shot was taken ,  perhaps by the attendant emergency service personnel.  Maybe it wasn't,   you can't determine this from a still image.  If Sha is to be believed it was just a dummy anyway 

PJ.  What I actually said was "Makes me wonder if it was in fact a dummy". and not "It was just a Dummy".  Perhaps you also need to get a grip on your comprehension skills? Or is it just that misinterpretation is one of your tactics?

I've already said a few times that I don't believe that a body that had been tossed in stormy seas for 3 1/2 hours would look so perfect.

I would have expected that it would be bloated, wrinkled, damaged by rocks, and not a reasonably healthy pink colour. I also think the photo was 'constructed'.  

As Antisthenes has pointed out "the boy was photographed lying on his front" - which would suggest that the photo was taken before the child was checked for signs of life. 

You say " the body could have been checked many times before the shot was taken, perhaps by the attendant emergency service personnel. Maybe it wasn't, you can't determine this from a still image."

Really the only thing that can definitely be determined from this image is that the child is lying facing downwards in the sand. The question is why?

Do you think any emergency services personnel would check him for signs of life and then roll him over facing into the sand? I would expect them to check him and then move him straight away - not just leave him there as some kind of peep show for any photographers passing by.

So, did the photographers get there first and take photo's before even checking him? Did they wait for the emergency services to pronounce him dead, then roll him over? Or were the emergency services and photographers working together to 'construct' a 'world shocking' image?

We may never find out the exact circumstances surrounding this, but the position of the child's body in 'that' photograph certainly appears somewhat unnatural.

So, re my question, have you any proof of photographers dragging his body around the beach to back up your nasty and baseless accusation?  Is avoidance one of your tactics? Squirm and try to backtrack all you like, Your grip on reality is somewhat flimsy.

Well if they haven't exactly 'dragged' him about, it appears (as noted in my last post) that someone's probably been 'rolling' him about.

Why are you so angry today PJ?

Is it because you realise that you were taken in by Mr Kurdi, - the now 'not a hero', whilst I had already identified the holes in his stories?

Whatever in reality happened has not fully unfolded yet, perhaps it would be better if you waited for more facts to be revealed before commenting further.  

But are you in reality even interested in the actual news item or just posting to sling insults?

not angry in the slightest just didn't realise you wanted a monopoly on insults, and as for "Whatever in reality happened has not fully unfolded yet, perhaps it would be better if you waited for more facts to be revealed before commenting further."  you really are kidding right??????

PJ, I think there has been a misunderstaning regarding my previous post, I certainly did not intimate that that particular photo had been edited and I am as sure as I can be that it is factual, merely that you cannot always believe what you see on the internet. My reply was to your post - "just goes to show how powerful a photograph can be" which I took to be a general statement regarding all photographs.