Wolves made to eat humble pie!

Gary

I just don't get it - why would you get your star signing crushing pies in a marketing video before he has even had chance to settle in the team?

The Wigan players needed no other motivation from their coach - other than to watch the video!

Bonkers!

http://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/2015/08/21/wolves-served-humble-pie-in-season-ending-defeat/

Seem to remember them doing something similar years ago to wind Widnes up with a 3 eyed fish, not sure if that backfired also.

Does seem to be only Warrington that produce these wind ups. As for adding a bit of fun to rugby I think it's going to need alot more than that.

oh i don't know the leigh match was a cracker with some very inventive play from them. kick from the scrum especially effective at getting them over the try line.

the catalans match after that was good to watch. pomeroy coming back from a suspension proceeded to try out his american style wrestling moves and get sent off after twenty minutes. despite that catalans still went on to outplay the opposition with only twelve men.

both matches very entertaining.

Chill out Gary

It was a bit of tongue in cheek amusement to add a bit of fun to advertise a game of rugby. :lol:

Please don't imagine for one minute anyone took it any other way unless they live a very dull life. :?

Shaun Wane said the video was the only motivation his players needed.

If you are going to do a PR stunt proclaiming you are going to crush something - you need to back it up not fall flat on your face.

• Upvote 1

I think you're both right.

It was a publicity stunt, tongue in cheek, that did fall totally flat by our abject performance on the night.

Shaun Wane has never struck me as an intellectual and I'm sure he used it as a motivational tool to get Wigan up for the match, and we shouldn't really be gifting them that ammunition!!

• 2 weeks later...

The Super League fixtures were completed a few weeks ago.  The top 8 of the SL are continuing in a competition that will see the top two play in the Old Trafford Grand Final. These 8 teams have retained the points already accrued in the normal SL fixtures.#

The Qualifiers will decide which four teams will play in SL next season, the bottom four of the SL (when the normal fixtures finished) will play the top four of the Championship. They will play everyone once. At the end of these fixtures the top three of eight will be in SL next season. A play off between the fourth and fifth teams will determine the team that joins them.

Not bad for an after midnight, alcohol assisted post. 

The Super League fixtures were completed a few weeks ago.  The top 8 of the SL are continuing in a competition that will see the top two play in the Old Trafford Grand Final. These 8 teams have retained the points already accrued in the normal SL fixtures.#

The Qualifiers will decide which four teams will play in SL next season, the bottom four of the SL (when the normal fixtures finished) will play the top four of the Championship. They will play everyone once. At the end of these fixtures the top three of eight will be in SL next season. A play off between the fourth and fifth teams will determine the team that joins them.

Not bad for an after midnight, alcohol assisted post. 

Thought the top four played off 1 v 4 2-3 and the winners went straight into the Grand Final?