So where has it all gone so badly wrong?

Gary

The present signings of Lineham, Hughes & Gidley will probably cover Bridge,Myler & Grix, who i doubt will be a regular team member even if he is still with us next season.I know we will have wingers coming out of our ears but some will be swallowed up with the new A team set up. It is to be hoped some of our younger players can get bulked up for next season because there will still be plenty of them in the team.

I have heard a rumour that John Clarke is coming back from Widnes as a conditioner.

I think the "Agar experiment" has been disappointing to say the least.  I undertsand he "coaches" the team rather than Smith (as did Poaching) and although we bemoan our half backs for lack of creativity, what is blindingly obvious is that the players around the half backs just don't seem to be running the correct lines to give the half backs the options they require to confuse defences.

When we had Briers, Monas, Hodgson and were attacking, even the fans never knew who was going to get the ball because there were so many options for Briers to chose from - whatever happened to our attacking prowess??

Hopefully, with Briers back in the 1st team coaching setup next season, we'll see a return to this free flowing rugby that we all love to see!

And it would be good if Agar moved on, but not sure what the state of his contract is............................

• Upvote 1

I think the "Agar experiment" has been disappointing to say the least.  I undertsand he "coaches" the team rather than Smith (as did Poaching) and although we bemoan our half backs for lack of creativity, what is blindingly obvious is that the players around the half backs just don't seem to be running the correct lines to give the half backs the options they require to confuse defences.

When we had Briers, Monas, Hodgson and were attacking, even the fans never knew who was going to get the ball because there were so many options for Briers to chose from - whatever happened to our attacking prowess??

Hopefully, with Briers back in the 1st team coaching setup next season, we'll see a return to this free flowing rugby that we all love to see!

And it would be good if Agar moved on, but not sure what the state of his contract is............................

Spot on with those comments.!

Hopefully Sandow will add the creativity we are desperately lacking at the moment.

But that doesn't answer the "motivation" issue,

That is a problem that only people inside the club know the issues behind this.