Lumbrook Road

Terry

I drove down Lumbrook Road today expecting to see a fine display of wild flowers on the side of the road which I have admired for a few years at this time of year. Instead I found brown strips which had obviously been mown and may have had weed killer applied.

Before I go off on a proper rant can someone assure me that some mindless vandal from the council is not responsible for this and that there is a good reason as to why this has happened.

I get hayfever too Gary and June/July are usually the worst months for me I've not been as bad so far this year either but I don't think it's anything to do with just the grass being shorter in a few places. 

Anyway hayfever aside I absolutely love seeing all the wildflowers, long natural grass, bees, butterflies and other little critters buzzing about doing their work in their little wildlife havens that are created.  Shame there aren't any flower down Lumb Brook this year :( 

I get hayfever too Gary and June/July are usually the worst months for me I've not been as bad so far this year either but I don't think it's anything to do with just the grass being shorter in a few places. 

Anyway hayfever aside I absolutely love seeing all the wildflowers, long natural grass, bees, butterflies and other little critters buzzing about doing their work in their little wildlife havens that are created.  Shame there aren't any flower down Lumb Brook this year :( 

I spoke too soon - been battered with it today!!! :(

:lol: :lol: Me too and I've had to cancel my dentist appointment today as I can't stop sniffing, wheezing and coughing...... quite a blessing really as I really don't like going to the dentist :lol: :lol:

Pollen count is HIGH round here today.... but at least we aren't further down south as it's VERY HIGH there.

PS try putting vaseline up your nostrils (only a bit though just to coat the inside of your nostrils or you will look like a snotty nosed little kid) it traps the pollen particles :wink: