Pubs

bobbrakes

You should have asked them what they were doing Bob, I would have :wink: 

I remember your other topic about the pub on here a while ago and how we found mention of it being 300 years old and as the car park and nearby land probably hasn't ever been built on it could be that someone is doing trial archaeologigal digs or something to test the land make up prior to a planning application going in.    

Did ask.Driver just said he'd been told to dig where instructed.Pub is not 300 years old.

Sorry my mistake Bob and I was remembering the other topic where I had looked on the pubs website at the time (Marcos) where they stated

quote " Marco Marco has sympathetically restored the former Farmers Arms, retaining the natural charm of the 300-year-old former hostelry while adding a bright, fresh twist........ "

Have you checked the councils website to see if any planning applications have been put in for it or the land recently ?  I can't get on there at the moment as it seem to be having a go slow day.