Rebuild.

P J

• 1 month later...

I am going to agree with PJ :( only once though :)

Other council compulsery purchase buildings then sell them at auction with a clause that they are brought into use by a certain date, others fund the restoration, although not sure I agree with that.

There are lots of empty buildings, some of value to the town that are standing empty and the council should be doing something about it.

and the lovely really old Packet House building on the corner of Bridge Street and Mersey Street along with the equally old wonky roof building next to it that date back to the 1700's and should be listed in my opinion. 

How long before they decide to knock that down or it accidentally goes  :evil: 

and the lovely really old Packet House building on the corner of Bridge Street and Mersey Street along with the equally old wonky roof building next to it that date back to the 1700's and should be listed in my opinion. 

How long before they decide to knock that down or it accidentally goes  :evil:

well Dizzy there is a project for you, get the buildings listed.

Here is a http://www.historicengland.org.uk/listing/apply-for-listing/for you

• 4 weeks later...

Dizz, you need to present them with the history regarding it's use as a staging point and ticket office for the river packets. Mind you I do know what you mean about banging your head against a brick wall as most of the bloody dim witts probably think it was where pay packets were given out.

Quite probably Algy :lol: :lol:

Laughing aside though one would hope that the powers that be would be just as knowledgeable, if not more so, about the towns history and it's buildings than we mere mortals are so hopefully they are already aware of it's age and past. 

We can but hope anyway but probably best not to hold our breath....

Quite probably Algy :lol: :lol:

Laughing aside though one would hope that the powers that be would be just as knowledgeable, if not more so, about the towns history and it's buildings than we mere mortals are so hopefully they are already aware of it's age and past. 

We can but hope anyway but probably best not to hold our breath....

They are probably plotting with developers to send in the wrecking ball as we write.