New website coming very soon

Gary

Seems to be working for me apart from the comments bit on the news stories.

can see that some articles have comments but when i click on the little icon it takes me to the news story but does not show any comments.

still early teething troubles then.

Evils once you've read the news story scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will see any comments already made and you can leave one yourself too.

Howver, I have just clicked on the little comments icon you mention for one story from yesterday and it just took me right to all the comments and on another with no comments it too me straight to the 'leave a reply' box.  I'm sure it wasn't doing that at first though.   I'm feel bad now cos I moaned at Gary yesterday that I had to keep scrolling down all the time, oops :lol:

keep getting a default page. :cry:

When you say 'default' page what exactly do you mean and what does it look like Obs?

Have you tried refreshing your browser or if that didn't work try deleting your CACHE

I had to delete my CACHE as for some reason comments weren't working for me (using firefox) but worked fine for others who also use firefox and other browsers too.

Oooh dim moment....might be worth you trying that too Evils re your problem with comments

doesn't show me comments... the only thing I see at the bottom of the news items is a profile of Gary.... no comments.

I even checked the one about growth in Warrington that is showing 3 comments and I can't find them anywhere.

I'm using windows 8 and google chrome

I thought you had been remarkably quiet on the news pages Baz :lol: :P

I agree though and I didn't particularly want to delete mine and have never ever had to in the past with any websites or anything else but in the end I had to cos it was annoying me.
Gary could see all the comments once they had fixed it all after release but I still couldn't and the 'comments icon' worked for him too but still didn't for me.  They worked in both Firefox and Chrome for Gary on various machines so I tried Chrome on my PC and they did work through that though (Windows 7 by the way). 

So in the end because I always use firefox I I had no choice but to try deleting my Cache and it resolved the problem.  I had to try as I'm sure Gary thought I was telling fibs or being a stupid girlie who couldn't see past the end of her nose. :lol: 

Maybe Gary needs to tell his website developers that more of you are experiencing the same problem and that it wasn't just me after all and perhaps they will know why some seem to still be getting a cached version from before the fix and will be able to advise.  Weird though....

Over to you Gary..... chop chop :D:lol:

The problems are difficult to fix and identify when you are not experiencing them.

I have used several browsers of several computers and had no problems what so ever.

We had to launch the responsive website before we had resolved all gremlins or we would have been booted off listings by google! :cry:

If the issue can only be resolved by deleting cache though I am not sure what else we can do.

Also if you are relying on cache for your passwords there is not much point having them on your computer - because if anyone can access your computer they can log into all your password protected stuff.

The problems are difficult to fix and identify when you are not experiencing them.

I have used several browsers of several computers and had no problems what so ever.

We had to launch the responsive website before we had resolved all gremlins or we would have been booted off listings by google! :cry:

If the issue can only be resolved by deleting cache though I am not sure what else we can do.

Also if you are relying on cache for your passwords there is not much point having them on your computer - because if anyone can access your computer they can log into all your password protected stuff.

The cache plays a very important part of using a computer Gary, not just for passwords.... it is the easy option for PC technicians who have no other answers to problems.

The few times in the past where I have been told to clear my cache to solve a problem has never worked.... hence why I don't do it any more because what you lose in a cache clearout cannot be replaced

It does seem very wrong that users of the website are having to try to resolve any viewing issues themselves though Gary by deleting their own cache etc.  As you know I tried lots of things to resolve my issue re the comments like completely logging out and in again, refreshing my browser, switching PC off and on again blah blah and nothing worked but I persisted as it's the type of person I am. 

Members on here are aware that the facility should be there and can at least say about the problems they are experiencing on here but if other daily readers are experiencing the same they may not even know it's a problem and may just presume there is NO comment facility and it simply doesn't work.   If it was just a case that they couldn't reply by clicking on the little 'bubble icon' themselves but could see others comments that have already been left then they may reaslise something is not quite right for them but as they can't see any comments either they will probably not even give it a second thought.

Something is clearly not right as otherwise every time any website on the internet was updated everyone in the world would have to delete their stored cache to make sure they are always seeing the most recent site and changes all the time and they don't.

I must admit though that reluctantly clearing my browser cache has not caused me any problems at all but then again I never store any of my usernames and passwords when I'm prompted by the 'do you want to remember for next time' question as I don't think it's secure and can't see the point anyway.  All the sites I visit are just as fast now as they have always been and no different at all so what was the point of all the cached stuff anyway even though you say it's 'important' Baz.

The only thing I do always leave logged in is my Ancestry account and having just accessed it it is still logged in so clearing my browser cache it didn't zap that but it was an active login and as I didn't select any of the other options to clear things like that when I cleared mine so I guess that's why most things are still the same.... apart from the news page comment facility now working 100% for me :D 

One thing that is still confusing me though and that's how come I could see all the other new things like new news articles and stuff before clearing my cache though.....

Anyway here's what I clicked to delete to sort mine in Firefox.... I've even bored myself with that long winded reply by the way but I had some free time as I was waiting for my chicken to finally cook so I can have my tea :lol:

Warrington%20Worldwide%20clear%20cache.j

"One thing that is still confusing me though and that's how come I could see all the other new things like new news articles and stuff before clearing my cache though....."

Because it isn't a cache problem because as you rightly say, every other comments page on the web would have the comment "Please clear your cache before clicking on the comment button"

It is Garys techies that aren't sorting out the problem....simples

Maybe like you say it wasn't a cache problem then Baz but deleting it was the only thing that sorted mine. 

Very weird how it doesn't affect everyone though even if they are using the same browsers etc etc.  Anyway not to worry as at least mines ok now so I can moan to my hearts content and battle things out with the likes of PJ under the news stories... bring it on PJ... but then on second thoughts best not eh :wink::lol:

• Upvote 1