Forgive and forget ?

observer

I suspect you feel the need to support Savile by casting unsupported and disgustingly insensitive accusations at the victims of his abuse out of some misguided loyalty .  He was, after all, a close friend of your heroine Thatcher and spent many a time with her at Chequers.  I wonder how much she helped cover for him, she did fight tooth and nail for him to be knighted.  I suppose I can't make inferences like that without concrete evidence, much like you are vilifying abused children to protect a monster on just your hunch.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/margaret-thatcher-made-repeated-attempts-to-get-jimmy-savile-knighted--despite-pleas-from-concerned-aides-8713407.html

And on the news today we have 2 men found guilty at Bristol of plotting to sexually assault & rape babies,toddlers & very young children. Now that is really sick & cannot be passed off as an abaration ,but if these men are really sick how can they be tried for this crime when Alzheimers is offered as a defence against prosecution ?

You would. But isn't tackling the problem of nonces in high places more important than you getting your self righteous thrill? 

Would that be dead nonces or ones that are still alive and still have the mental capacity too stand trail, or are you not bothered, and would you dig the dead ones up and burn them even though they have not stood trail?

We live in a Country where you are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law!!

• Upvote 3

I think you will find that most of the charities will not touch a penny of the money raised by Savile.....

They won't get the chance to. The lawyers have already taken it all. Any compensation will be paid by the NHS and the BBC i.e. you and me, the taxpayers.

Robbo

If you have nothing constructive to offer.... why not get out more and stop posting stupid and immature pictures you've found on google

Seeing that I got 4 likes for that post Baz it seems that some think it was constructive, after all, the alternative is PJ just banging on as he usually does until he starts ridiculing and name calling. As for getting out more, it's a bit rich coming from you who spends half his life on here along with PJ who repeatedly calls this a dead end forum and yet is never off it

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I suspect you feel the need to support Savile by casting unsupported and disgustingly insensitive accusations at the victims of his abuse out of some misguided loyalty .  He was, after all, a close friend of your heroine Thatcher and spent many a time with her at Chequers.  I wonder how much she helped cover for him, she did fight tooth and nail for him to be knighted.  I suppose I can't make inferences like that without concrete evidence, much like you are vilifying abused children to protect a monster on just your hunch.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/margaret-thatcher-made-repeated-attempts-to-get-jimmy-savile-knighted--despite-pleas-from-concerned-aides-8713407.html

Alleged victims of his abuse. And he certainly was an ally of Margaret Thatcher, look at the way they both took the side of the striking miners against the evil Tory government. Oh hang on it was only JS on the miners side wasn't it, my mistake.

Anyhow your suppositions are, as usual, well wide of the mark. I am not "supporting" JS, I am arguing against the mob mentality which has spread throughout society and which is condemning a man without the right to a fair trial. Get his accusers on the stand and see how well their tales stand up to proper scrutiny.

As for your man in Cumbria, did the survivors of his rampage demand thousands from his estate? No? I should imagine it's because he wasn't a millionaire.

I'm fed up of your abusive posts now PJ, so I'll leave you to stew in your hatred of a dead man who is past caring.

• Upvote 2

As for getting out more, it's a bit rich coming from you who spends half his life on here along with PJ who repeatedly calls this a dead end forum and yet is never off it

One day you will discover the delights of mobile internet.... it means I can get out and still post on here.... In fact I am sat on the bog on a train in France writing this...is'nt technology amazing!

Seeing that I got 4 likes for that post Baz it seems that some think it was constructive,

Well we all know who has been giving you "likes" for the posts.... unfortunately you've got a long way to go to even match the ones that PJ has accumulated! :)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Would that be dead nonces or ones that are still alive and still have the mental capacity too stand trail, or are you not bothered, and would you dig the dead ones up and burn them even though they have not stood trail?

We live in a Country where you are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law!!

I would probably go after the live nonces, who have the political influence and cash to sneer at justice.

We live in a country where you can violate children without fear of ever appearing in a court of law, if your face fits.

Are you happy with that Kije?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Asperity if you find it abusive to have it pointed out that you are calling child abuse victims liars then stop doing it.  Given your posts in this thread I think you obviously have no clue what constitutes abuse.  I have posted findings, not hunches, to back up my claims that Savile was a nonce, lets see your proof that all the claimants are lying.  I find it offensive that anyone could be so callous in regards to child abuse.  Yet it doesn't surprise me.  These children were ignored and laughed at at the time by people who should have known better and its still the same today on here.  You have too thin a skin if you are going to defend a monster like Savile and vilify his victims, even you must have expected some arguments against this stance, given that it flies in the face of public opinion, inquiry findings and accepted truths.  

• Downvote 1

Robbo, dry your eyes mate.  I remember your pleasant witterings in the past.  This forum is a dead end, its like a Little Britain backwater at times.  There is a way to show your dislike of a post, its the red box next to the green one you seem to prize so highly.  Robbo, when you get "likes" its not approval its narcissism :wink:  .I find a positive count of likes an affront as to be liked and accepted by most of the posters on here is offensive to me and means I'm not doing my job right :wink:.  I don't try to make friends on here, I don't need to as I have many in the real world. I come here for fun and to put argument to posts I don't agree with or views that offend me.  Backing a nonce like Savile I find offensive and always will, likewise vilifying the victims of his abuse.    If this bores you go elsewhere but your valuable input  will be so sorely missed.

Broadmoor Inquiry.

1.12. We have descriptions of ten allegations of sexual assault directly related to Broadmoor, and one allegation of indecent exposure to a minor. Six of the allegations of assault involved patients at the time (one male and five female), two involved staff and two involved minors. On the basis of the detail and consistency of their accounts and the circumstances of the assaults, we conclude with confidence that at least five of the 11 individuals were sexually abused by Savile, and that it is more likely than not that he also sexually abused a sixth. Of these six, two (both patients) were subjected to repeated assault. We were unable to speak in detail to the other five. We assured those assaulted that we would not name them without their consent.

1.13. Until at least the late 1980s, female patients were obliged to strip completely to change into nightwear and to take baths, watched by staff. We conclude that Savile would sometimes attend wards at these times and watch. He would also look through doorways at female patients bathing, and would make inappropriate remarks. We found no reliable evidence

that any staff or patient complaints about Savile at the time were reported to senior staff
or investigated. Both staff and patients believed that Savile was in a position of power and authority and could make their lives much worse, and the institutional culture of Broadmoor at the time strongly discouraged both groups from reporting.

1.14. Fewer reported assaults by Savile have come to light at Broadmoor than at the other NHS hospitals with which he was most closely associated. We believe this is likely to reflect both a degree of under-reporting (because of understandable patient concerns about the consequences to themselves) and the likelihood that there were fewer opportunities for Savile because of the nature of Broadmoor. However, we have no reason to doubt that Savile was an opportunistic sexual predator throughout the time he was associated with Broadmoor. 

Robbo, dry your eyes mate.  I remember your pleasant witterings in the past.  This forum is a dead end, its like a Little Britain backwater at times.  There is a way to show your dislike of a post, its the red box next to the green one you seem to prize so highly.  Robb, when you get "likes" its not approval its narcissism :wink:  .I find a positive count of likes an affront as to be liked and accepted by most of the posters on here is offensive to me and means I'm not doing my job right :wink:.  I don't try to make friends on here, I don't need to as I have many in the real world. I come here for fun and to put argument to posts I don't agree with or views that offend me.  Backing a nonce like Savile I find offensive and always will, likewise vilifying the victims of his abuse.    If this bores you go elsewhere but your valuable input  will be so sorely missed.

In spite of yourself, sometimes you're right.

That's a cross you'll have to bear, I'm afraid.

• Upvote 1

In spite of yourself, sometimes you're right.

That's a cross you'll have to bear, I'm afraid.

I don't know if this makes me happy or sad :wink:

but John, on the occasions I am right why do these cruel people need to point it out :D

• 2 weeks later...

It does not matter what we all think, at the end of the day in the eyes of the law he is innocent as he has not been tried in a court of law.

So by that logic, Hitler never killed any Jews?  Stalin was a saint?  Bin Laden , an innocent bystander? Slobodan Milosevic a boy scout leader?

Sometimes guilty people never get to trial, doesn't make them innocent now does it?  There is so much evidence from so many sources which has been accepted by so many enquiries as to make it clear, even to Saviles biggest fans, that he was a disgusting , prolific and opportunistic sexual abuser.  Don't let that tarnish your Jim fixed it for me badge though
  • Upvote 1