Ebola medics ?

observer

what has C-diff got to do with ebola being brought to the UK.  I think you are obviously getting desperate and/or confused.  So tell me how can the UK 100% guarantee that ebola never reaches our shores?  What is your amazing master plan that W.H.O and all the other medical experts are too thick to come up with?  Have you contacted them to let them know of your amazing solution?  I am sure they will take you seriously, especially given your credentials,  well at least as seriously as I do.  

Mind you, you were exactly the same chicken little regarding bird flu, SARS and swine flu, even suggesting a travel ban at one stage. Best not mention those when you contact W.H.O.  they may think you an alarmist crank with too much time on his hands to spread scare stories on line from behind his couch.

1) accidents have occurred in W/African "ebola" hospitals; hence infected health workers being brought to the UK. (hence the topic). 2) accidents have occurred with other pathogens such as c-dif, in UK hospitals; thus demonstrating that accidents do happen, even in UK hospitals. One doesn't require a great leap of logic to put the two together to suggest that bringing the pathogen to the UK with infected persons, increases risk. An unecessary risk, when victims could be treated in situ in Africa. As for ebola or any other pathogen "reaching our shores"; thanks to policies of unrestricted immigration promoted by your ilk, and the inadequacies of border controls, we're left with little hope of preventing such an event(s). As for the WHO, they're well aware of the risks and have just expressed concern at the high rate of anti-biotic resistant TB in Europe; they were equally concerned with all the other outbreaks that have occurred, as were national Governments; where heat cameras were installed at airports; so thankfully, not quite as complacent as you.  Other than a more restrictive immigration regime, such as medicals at UK embassies prior to the issue of visas, and not bringing home infected health staff; there is no 100% solution, merely precautions to reduce risk. Now you can go ahead and book your holiday in Tunisia, or preferably Syria; given that your not risk averse !  :lol:

• Upvote 1

1.  I know you may struggle with this but all British citizens are entitled to be treated in British hospitals when they get ill.  Its what the NHS is there for.

2.  C-dif is nothing whatsoever to do with ebola which is what the topic is about.  The wonderful folk who have shown the human compassion and selflessness to go out and help contain, isolate, console and cure the unfortunate folk with this horrid virus have at least as much right to treatment in there own country as anyone else.

3.  Here we go, your hobby horse.  Immigration has not been responsible for a single case of ebola in the UK yet you bang on as if their is a massive epidemic.  I am in no position to promote mass immigration in the same way as you are not in a position to stop it.  We are withering away on a pointless forum but only one of us is deluded enough to think it matters.  TB - you are off on a tangent again.  TB is not ebola, stay with the program.  Ebola is not treatable with antibiotics so the analogy is poor.  You seem to be aware of measures which have been taken to minimise the risk of ebola spreading and even you must agree that it seems to be working.  If you think it a good idea to make everybody wanting to enter Britain from anywhere in the world have to report to an Embassy and undergo a medical checkup ( which would involve a 3 week wait to see if symptoms develop) you are a bigger fool than I thought.  International travel is essential for our country, its not the middle ages.  Even if you somehow managed to have every inbound flight, ship and vehicle entering Britain quarantined for a month to be on the safe side you still haven't solved your favourite goto in a crisis.......   What about illegal immigration?  

I'm sorry to have to break this to you chicken little but it wasn't the sky falling down but a little acorn that hit you on the head.  That said if I were you I would go and get your head examined as you are displaying some strange mental symptoms.

ps  Well done on typing all that whilst wearing a gas mask, it can't have been easy and this poison pollution cloud from France must have had you in a lather lol

:lol:  Dumber than I thought. Ebola, C-Dif etc are all pathogens carrying similar contagion risks, therefore similar preventative, outbreak containment and isolation, to prevent epidemics. So, if you move casualties around, your moving the risk around. The hospitals in Africa have been purpose designed and equipped to deal with the outbreak and victims, so a rather stupid idea to bring them home, even if bleeding hearts think it a good idea. Perhaps a W/African would be more appropriate, given your apparent immunity!  :lol:

we're all doomed then as they( Cdif)  are already here.  Best all kiss our loved ones bye bye as we will all be gone tomorrow.  Just stop it, you leap to the worst possible scenario whenever there is a crisis somewhere in the world.  Bird flu had you flapping. damp squib. Sars had you banning flights, false alarm and swine flu had you squealing like a pig and again,  no substance to the panic.  You really are a prophet of doom, did you used to wear a bowler hat and tote a sign "The end is nigh" outside Woolies on a Saturday????

I saw it in Callands, and Westbrook and Liverpool today through the light cloud cover.  Shame about the clouds that seem to have been just over you for the eclipse duration Observer, are you sure it wasn't the back of the couch that obscured your view    :wink: