One less bridge in Warrington...

Dizzy

The Sankey Canal is filled in between Bewsey Old Hall and Newton Le Willows so there would have to be a lot of work (and expense) reopening it to waterborne traffic.

I think it's the stretch between Widnes and Fiddlers Ferry they're after, heading further towards Warrington there is a railway line, the road bridge at Liverpool Rd and the dual carriageway on Sankey Way to contend with, which will certainly stop their gallop.     

So one of the most talked about and shared Warrington Worldwide news articles on facebook groups and every where today.... but not one single comment on here Warrington Worldwide's own forum.

How odd....

Maybe it is because it is no big deal! The lorry owners insurance will probably pay out and some talented men will rebuild the bridge and in a year or two it be forgotten.

Although no doubt the driver will get most if not all of the blame I am sure signage could have been better. Who sent the driver down that road with such a big truck, the delivery must have been scheduled unless he got lost?. Businesses and politicians have over the years authorized bigger and heavier trucks, while putting pressure on drivers with scheduled times, in cab phones GPS monitoring and so on while not paying them that well, looking on line there are large vehicle driving jobs being advertised in Warrington for £8.50 an hour!

I see it all the time trucks coming across bridges that are to low/narrow/weight restricted and the signs are not adequate, huge lorries trying to squeeze into tiny delivery areas, some that are centuries old but many newly built were a lorry quarter of its size should be employed.

I wonder if the signs on Marsh House Lane have yet been improved to prevent lorries hitting thes bridges on that road?