e-cigarettes at the Halliwell Jones

Gary

Alex Wilson, Wolves’ commercial manager, said: “We initially introduced the vaping ban as a ‘just in case’ measure, but are now happy to reverse this as more news on the industry comes to light. money gets offered to us!

• Upvote 1

Well said Baz and that's exactly how it seems to me too.

People had got used to the overall 'no smoking' ban so why on earth change it ?   Surely people watching a game can last a couple of hours without having to have a cig anyway, hardly a big deal really.

Making a rod for their own backs in my opinion and I wonder how long it will be until some people start lighting up a real cig hoping the stewards wont notice the difference from a distance ?

Lets hope they get a sponsor who makes flags,and hey presto the flag ban will vanish  :P

But in all honesty whats the fuss we wore Vladivar Vodka and Greenalls logos for years and yes alcohol causes countless problems,

So what harm does vaping do ???

Oh and just to point out I do not smoke.

Lets all chill out theres more important things in life.

Lets hope they get a sponsor who makes flags,and hey presto the flag ban will vanish  :P

But in all honesty whats the fuss we wore Vladivar Vodka and Greenalls logos for years and yes alcohol causes countless problems,

So what harm does vaping do ???

Oh and just to point out I do not smoke.

Lets all chill out theres more important things in life.

I don't think the issue is promoting the company - I think it is more an issue with reversing a ban (which must have been put in place for some good reason including policing smoking issues) and then completely reversing the ban without any proper consultation as soon as money is placed on the table.

• Upvote 1

I don't think the issue is promoting the company - I think it is more an issue with reversing a ban (which must have been put in place for some good reason including policing smoking issues) and then completely reversing the ban without any proper consultation as soon as money is placed on the table.

It was typical of the high handed approach the club has taken in the last few years.

Back in the Cullen Era 2004/2008 

we had a so so team but an electric atmosphere at the club on and off the field,

go in a pub and people were talking rugby !

brilliant pre match entertainment and Sean Mellor rousing the fans with his over the top enthusiasm "Perry Comos Magic Moments" and remember Jedward and the mickey taking music as the away side came on the field eusa_whistle.gif 

The Andrew Johns match was a perfect example.

Now no game compare/host (to talk of)

flags banned

mutter a song and get warned about your language

and what have you got ? 

falling attendances and no atmosphere.

I mean even the Drummers have given up and gone home icon_sad.gif 

Simon Moran is in showbiz why isnt his experience put to good use ???

We seem to rely on fans just to turn up and put up a054.gif

Does anyone actually know what's in e-gigs ?

well according to the one i use it is.

propylene glycol,glycerine,flavourings(not stated), nicotine.

also there is a list of what to do in cetain circumstances. above which is the warning tocxic if swallowed, very toxic in contact with skin. :wacko:

enough to make one want to go back to the kind that just kill you slowly.

well according to the one i use it is.

propylene glycol,glycerine,flavourings(not stated), nicotine.

also there is a list of what to do in cetain circumstances. above which is the warning tocxic if swallowed, very toxic in contact with skin. :wacko:

enough to make one want to go back to the kind that just kill you slowly.

:lol:

• 4 weeks later...

I swapped from fags to e-cigs two and a half years ago and I think it's one of the best things I've ever done. I can have a quick puff when and wherever I feel like and in all the time, only one person has objected but he was Mr bonkers who thinks he knows everything.

I think it's understandable in places like the stadium where e-cigs that look like the real thing could cause confusion leading people lighting up real ones. There were similar issues in the taxi trade but the rules where simply changed to allow them provided the fake light up end glowed blue rather than red. That said, most people that started on e-cigs have quickly moved on to devices that don’t look anything like a cigarette so the confusion argument is largely out of the window and it's all down to personal option.

The argument used to be that cigarettes smelled bad and had hundreds of different toxins in the smoke but even though that's all changed, there will always be some that are not happy. Personally I'd find it objectionable to stand next to someone smelling of beer and mouthing off obscenities so it works both ways I suppose. :mrgreen:

Bill :)

• Upvote 3