Morrisons Stockton Heath - New parking fines !

Dizzy

Me too although I do find Sainsburys at little expensive so I probably wouldn't have gone there in the first place.  Seems pointless to go to a more expensive shop then on to Lidl or Aldi to save on spaghetti or bread rolls not to mention that it's free to park at Aldi and Lidl anyway and their stuff is really good.

Just my opinion though....

The bread in Lidl is baked fresh in store several times a day and the spaghetti in my view is nicer then anywhere else,

I remember my mum carrying half a dozen bags of shopping back from town on the bus.... you lot seem to be just lazy buggers and selfish with it too.... How pigged off would you be if you got to Riverside and wanted to go shopping there only to find the car park full of cars whose owners are all shopping in the market because they are too tight-fisted to pay a quid....

I absolutely hate paying for parking anywhere and avoid town like the plague, but when I do go I park close to where I am shopping as PJ said.... granted it isn't easy parking a 5 metre long car in a 3 metre long parking bay in Golden Square.... but I live with it!

I remember my mum carrying half a dozen bags of shopping back from town on the bus.... you lot seem to be just lazy buggers and selfish with it too.... How pigged off would you be if you got to Riverside and wanted to go shopping there only to find the car park full of cars whose owners are all shopping in the market because they are too tight-fisted to pay a quid....

I absolutely hate paying for parking anywhere and avoid town like the plague, but when I do go I park close to where I am shopping as PJ said.... granted it isn't easy parking a 5 metre long car in a 3 metre long parking bay in Golden Square.... but I live with it!

Well you know what they say, look after the pennies...

However I'll be dammed if I move my car around town from Riverside to Leigh St Car Park because I need to go into the bank or from Salisbury, to lidl through traffic because I want to buy five roles then to the Asda car park because I want to buy some tape from Wilkinson.

I am not sure why you lot are objecting  and you need to look up the definition of lazy Bazj!

Well you know what they say, look after the pennies...

However I'll be dammed if I move my car around town from Riverside to Leigh St Car Park because I need to go into the bank or from Salisbury, to lidl through traffic because I want to buy five roles then to the Asda car park because I want to buy some tape from Wilkinson.

I am not sure why you lot are objecting  and you need to look up the definition of lazy Bazj!

Then you can't moan when you get a parking ticket then surely? 

Then you can't moan when you get a parking ticket then surely? 

But I never complained about getting these parking charges, al I was pointing out is that if a retailer are unlikely to go through with these parking charges as it will put off customers.

How many have you got so far Coffee ? :lol:   

I'm pretty sure it's the actual parking enforcement companies (who are contracted by the land owners) that come after non payment and that it's nothing to do with the actual retailers on the sites.

How many have you got so far Coffee ? :lol:   

I'm pretty sure it's the actual parking enforcement companies (who are contracted by the land owners) that come after non payment and that it's nothing to do with the actual retailers on the sites.

probably had six tickets on the Riverside, seven if you count the last one.

The last one was parking in a disabled bay without a blue badge.

However I had a friend with me who had just gone through an operation and had problems walking, I helped my friend out of the car forgetting to display the blue badge. The attendant watched us struggle out of the car and when I returned a few minutes later we had a ticket, the lady who was parked next to me said he issued it as soon as we went through the door in the shop.

The Riverside car park always has spaces free, illustrated by the number of shops that open and close down soon afterwards. Sadly sports direct and Next are on that estate and I use both frequantly

Seven from just that one car park :shock: :shock:  Good grief Coffee either you are just trying to prove a point to them or you are attempting to get into the Guinness World Records.  How many have you had from other places or do you only do it there?

We shop in Sports Direct and some of the other shops there all the time too but I've never had a ticket but then again I always park where I should and abide by their silly rules.

Very harsh about the lack of you displayed disabled badge for a few minutes though but you could have probably appealed against that one especially if you had a witness saying you'd only been a few minutes.

I remember a few years ago a friend of mine was in one of the Lymm car parks.  An elderly lady was really struggling to park in one of the bays and kept going in and out but she finally managed just as my friend was about to go over to ask if she needed help. 

A blue coat parking attendant was nearby lurking and watching the elderly lady.  Anyway as soon as she'd walked off he pounced and slapped a ticket on her car because her wheel was over the white line.  Of course he could have pointed that out to her BEFORE she walked off so she could have straightened up again but he didn't.  I obviously can't say what my friend called him as bad language isn't allowed on here.

Seven from just that one car park :shock: :shock:  Good grief Coffee either you are just trying to prove a point to them or you are attempting to get into the Guinness World Records.  How many have you had from other places or do you only do it there?

We shop in Sports Direct and some of the other shops there all the time too but I've never had a ticket but then again I always park where I should and abide by their silly rules.

Very harsh about the lack of you displayed disabled badge for a few minutes though but you could have probably appealed against that one especially if you had a witness saying you'd only been a few minutes.

I remember a few years ago a friend of mine was in one of the Lymm car parks.  An elderly lady was really struggling to park in one of the bays and kept going in and out but she finally managed just as my friend was about to go over to ask if she needed help. 

A blue coat parking attendant was nearby lurking and watching the elderly lady.  Anyway as soon as she'd walked off he pounced and slapped a ticket on her car because her wheel was over the white line.  Of course he could have pointed that out to her BEFORE she walked off so she could have straightened up again but he didn't.  I obviously can't say what my friend called him as bad language isn't allowed on here.

In Warrington I have a few street parking fines and a ticket from Asda in Birchwood, but  I am a bit more careful now as the law has changed.

I had a charge for parking in a car park in a derelict pub, that was in Rhyl a few years ago

We complained about the ticket and was told they would reduce it to £15, but never paid.

The mother child spaces bug me even though I usually park away from the store where there are fewer cars - unless the weather is really bad.

The mother child spaces bug me even though I usually park away from the store where there are fewer cars - unless the weather is really bad.

and do you know why the mother and child spaces are as big as they are and placed where they are?

Why do parent child spaces bug you?  You know that they are designed to stop users dinging other cars as they have to open the door wide to get out their child.  Seems irrelevant as you just seem to think you are important enough to park wherever you wish and ignore any consequences. 

Why do parent child spaces bug you?  You know that they are designed to stop users dinging other cars as they have to open the door wide to get out their child.  Seems irrelevant as you just seem to think you are important enough to park wherever you wish and ignore any consequences. 

Because they are nearly always right by the door where every body wants to park, (well nearly everyone) and two PC spaces use up three normal ones.

I usually park away from the crowds but sometimes you want to be near the front, because of bad weather or your picking something up that is heavy or bulky, Often they just sit empty.

By the way PJ I use my common sense when parking!

Parent and Child spaces are near the doors for safety reasons  Coffee ie so parents don't have to walk through busy car parks and traffic movement with toddlers in tow and/or while pushing prams at the same time as pushing their trolleys etc.  But of course you probably know that :wink:

If you you use your common sense when parking as you say then why doesn't it tell you that you shouldn't park in parent & child spaces or where the rules say you shouldn't overstay or wander off to other shopping areas and leave your car there to have a ticket slapped on it ?

• Upvote 1

Parent and Child spaces are near the doors for safety reasons  Coffee ie so parents don't have to walk through busy car parks and traffic movement with toddlers in tow and/or while pushing prams at the same time as pushing their trolleys etc.  But of course you probably know that :wink:

If you you use your common sense when parking as you say then why doesn't it tell you that you shouldn't park in parent & child spaces or where the rules say you shouldn't overstay or wander off to other shopping areas and leave your car there to have a ticket slapped on it ?

So how do these parents manage when non are provided or when they need to be near a busy street Dizzy, how do parents manage when they go on holiday abroad?

I never said I parked in parent/child spaces, all I said is that they are in prime locations were others want to park too and there maybe reasons why they want to be near a door.

The reasons I shop at Sainsbury and the Riverside is that I can leave my car and wonder off, if these retailers do not like it they are free to enforce their rules and  I will find other retailers to shop with, my rules! I do not get why you have an issue with this, by leaving the car in Riverside for example no one loose anything, so what is the problem?

I wonder.... do you tax your car Coffee? I mean some of us get away without having to and so surely you must feel hard done by for having to pay? I mean just what do you get for your car tax these days anyway?

When parents go on holiday abroad, they are allowed use of a push chair virtually to the door of the plane and the push chair is then taken off first when landing.... to make things easier.

If you drive abroad, surprisingly enough, Johnny Foreigner also provides spaces for parents with children too..... oh, and those pesky disabled drivers too.... I'm sure they really wind you up; with their new Range Rovers and priority parking

I wonder.... do you tax your car Coffee? I mean some of us get away without having to and so surely you must feel hard done by for having to pay? I mean just what do you get for your car tax these days anyway?

When parents go on holiday abroad, they are allowed use of a push chair virtually to the door of the plane and the push chair is then taken off first when landing.... to make things easier.

If you drive abroad, surprisingly enough, Johnny Foreigner also provides spaces for parents with children too..... oh, and those pesky disabled drivers too.... I'm sure they really wind you up; with their new Range Rovers and priority parking

No I don't tax or insure my car Bazj

Where do you go on holiday, have never seen a landing strip at a supermarket?

I have not seen PC space abroad, they don't usually have them here apart from shopping centers, how do parents cope where they do not have them?