LITTER - Caught on film - coming soon near you

Geoffrey Settle

Originally posted by observer:

No need for the Council to fund litter picking, when they've got numpty volunteers doing it! :D

Imagine what it would be like if they didnt clean up?? be thankfully they do..

Over here there is little but thankfully not a great deal but it is more dirty here than it was ten years ago..

Steve

There have been some interesting experiments on litter and people psycology. People were filmed walking through a public open space: first it was strewn with litter, and most folk tended to throw litter down. Then they cleaned the area so it was completely litter free, and folk tended not to throw any litter down - interestink. :wink: However, it may help if bahaviour was drummed into folk at an early age. :roll:

This idea will never work unless every single area is under constant 24-hour surveillance and even then unless it?s a whole lot better than the grainy freeze frame images that we have at the moment your never going to see the litter being dropped. I say this is the usual empty words that seem to do the rounds each year especially on the run up to any elections.

I doubt Warrington has ever issued a single fine for anyone dropping litter on the street in my lifetime and I can?t see anything here that?s going to change that. But as long as we have people like Geoff prepared to pick up other people?s rubbish, then the situation never gets that bad that the council has to do anything.

(Other than issue press releases.)

Bill :)

[ 14.04.2008, 09:09: Message edited by: Bill ]

Well I was going to say, that they have enough survellance cameras, but as you say Bill, they don't appear good enough to win a conviction. :D In fact we could have aside from litter police; a multi-tasking force, who enforce against smoking, drinking, junk food eating, and even thinking?! :wink: