5th Royal Innniskilling Dragoon Guards !!

Sounds good Gary thanks!!
Last year i was doing a delivery and got to speak to a lad who said his dad is English and as things turned out he had been in a member of the Regt and i managed to re-unite him with a lot of lost friends as he hadnt had any contact for over 30 years so that was good and now he has a lot of contact with his old mates!!!

So all help is Appreciated 

I don't know anyone who was in it but then again I have no idea what any of my lot were in, if indeed they were 'in' but I'll spread the word too. 

Great that you managed to reunite the gent with a lot of his old friends and here's hoping the same happens for a lot more too :D

Maybe Gary could put something on the news page which other people might see so they can contact you too :wink:

Well i know i tried to find Alan Clayton who lived in Warrington and with whom i served nice lad would love to know how he is doing...but maybe he will read this and contact me...Always good to find ex Soldiers especialy from my own Unit...As we try to take care of our own as no one else will...

Steve you mentioned on another post that you use facebook.  Are you aware that there's a group called "Warrington's Forgotten Faces".  It's a fairly new group but already has nearly 1000 members and quite a lot of people have posted on there who have been trying to track down old friends etc and there's been quite a lot of success.   It's amazing how many people recognise names and know or remember people.  Might be worth a try to help you with your search for Alan Clayton.

Here's the link.... just click to join if you think it might help.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Warringtonsforgottenfaces/

Steve roughly how old would the chap you are looking for be now and do you know what area of Warrington he used to live in ?  Not being nosey but I might be able to find him with a few more details.... do you know any of his family members names ?   

He would be about 45-50 ish.. he was in the Regiment and lived not far from Mullberry Tree pub? goodness my memory has certainly gone to pot..I will have a look for that group om FB cant say i recall any of his Family names i only visited him once or twice...I remember there used to be a Police station near the Roundabout not far from the pub.. this would of been about 1980 ish..

I wonder if he still lives round here and drinks in the Mullberry Tree or the other local Stockton Heath pubs.  Mr Dizzy goes in the Mul a lot and his friends go in a quite a few of the other ones too and know a lot of people so maybe someone will recognise his name.   Worth a try.

Steve I have found two Alan Clayton's in the Warrington area by using this site -

192 People Finder  <http://www.192.com/?gclid=CJi567fIn8MCFUbMtAodtFIAfw>  the site charges a fee to give full details.

These are the results;

1. Oban Grove, Warrington, Cheshire, WA2.

2. Princess Avenue, Warrington, Cheshire, WA1.

Good luck Steve.

ScreenShot001_zpsd00f76fa.png

Algy your right but the main reason is to reunite the lads from the Regiment and to make sure the said person is well, our Regiment i am glad to say is still very much a large family and if we find they need help we will and if the depart then we always make sure someone from the Regiment is in attendance.. Gone but not forgotten...