More Tory Sleaze

Eddie

Mr Conway, the Conservative MP in question has now been rightly sacked from the Party. As an MP it is for him to decide if he wishes to stand down and in effect create a By Election or to remain until the next General Election. It seems there are some old timers who seem to think that they can carry on as has been done in the past, they are in for a rude awakening, there is no place for them in a modern Conservative Party that is seeking to form the next Government.

I suggest to the likes of Mr Conway and any other MP who believes that they are worth more than they are paid as an MP and seek to increase their income by using allowances, they they seek employment elsewhere. There is a queue a mile long of people waiting to take over their job as an MP.

Now I am absolutely convinced that this is a double edged sword, I am sure that labour have known about this for a while and have sat on it so they can bury their own disgraces (funding) as they come out of the woodwork.

now I wonder if the torries have a yet even bigger trump card to play on labour, we shall see Im sure there is always something you can find on blunkett.

[ 30.01.2008, 09:59: Message edited by: legion ]

This was perhaps an extreme case of nepotism; employing his son to do nothing; but I think you'll find most MPs employ their spouse to run their constituency office. :o So should we; like the Yanks; have an anti-nepotism law/rule, to stop these politicians doling out our money to their family members? :o

Originally posted by Gunga Din:

I wonder if Lord Hoyle is found guilty he will be stripped of his "Honorary Freeman of the Borough of Warrington" title?

Peer took lobbyist cash

Thanks Gunga

link is not quite working, try this

http://politics.guardian.co.uk/lords/story/0,,2248940,00.html

PS great that you are back posting

Their should be a central office which organises travel and hotels and houses etc. for MP's and thereby get the best deal for them. Employing spouses and direct family members should be banned and maybe the best alternative would be to get the local constituancy offices to employ a secretary and other office staff?

Most MP's are paid far far far tooooo much for what they do anyway. Just think, in most cases they earn and claim arould a quarter of a muillion pounds each and do about twenty thousand pounds worth of work each for the privilige.

Well compared to NULAB I would say the tories are bloody squeaky clean! At least when the tories were in power you expected a bit of sleaze and fiddling, NULAB were elected on the anti sleaze banner and have now sunk so low that they are even breaking the rules and regs that they brought in so that they commit more sleaze!