Icy roads

Sha

There was a forecast of freezing temperatures, freezing temperatures occurred exactly when forecast, WBC state publicly that they will respond to a freezing temperatures forecast by gritting primary routes before the temperatures drop and ice forms.

But WBC didn't grit the roads, and have yet to explain why.

This afternoon when we were driving from Brian Bevan Island across Bridge Foot I saw grit at the sides of the road so they must have been out (maybe last night).

Do I win the special prize now Gary being the first person to spot some :D :D

Oh dear this is all a little embarrassing, I think someone is going to feel very silly but never mind, perhaps they will apologise lol.  I sent a request regarding the gritting of the roads in Warrington to the Councils Facebook page.  They responded today with the following information.

Hi, primary routes were gritted on 26th, 27th, 28th, 29th and 30th December. No further gritting was needed until 3rd January as temperatures didn't drop below freezing. Thanks

Can you ask them if Fairfield Road is still on the Primary gritting route like their interactive map shows and if they actually did that one and if so what with (as it clearly didn't work) seeing as though you are pals with them :lol:  

Just out of interest who is it that you think is going to feel very silly and may need to apologise and why  ?

No, you can ask them yourself on Facebook, they are very prompt.  I am sure if you mention that a road was missed they will take it up with the gritting contractor and if its on the list make sure it is done in future.  As for telling you who is going to feel very silly, a gentleman never snitches,    IT WAS INKY!!!!

There was a forecast of freezing temperatures, freezing temperatures occurred exactly when forecast, WBC state publicly that they will respond to a freezing temperatures forecast by gritting primary routes before the temperatures drop and ice forms.

But WBC didn't grit the roads, and have yet to explain why.

The Met Office do the forecasting, and freezing is below 0 degrees - obviously.

Freezing temperatures were forecast for 26th, 27th and 28th well in advance, WBC just did nothing about it.

WBC's website states that primary routes will be gritted in advance whenever temperatures are forecast to go below freezing.

Obviously didn't happen.

They also have a duty to maintain safety on the public highway. Still not seen a gritter though.

Perhaps he could go say sorry on the Facebook page for slagging them off without just cause.  Funny really as there is so much genuine stuff to slag off and he chose something that wasn't  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

But Inky clearly didn't see any grit on the roads or gritters in action either and Gary was asking if anyone had seen any too.  I didn't see any signs of any until Sunday so if all the roads were done then how come none of us noticed ?  How strange :lol:

PS Why should I ask them myself and surely I can delegate if I want to ha ha......apart from which I don't really want my name and photo on their public facebook page for the world to see and click on as there might be all sorts of weirdo's reading and following them  :lol: 

Then someone at the Council must be lying and Gary should look into it.  To be honest the road I live on isn't on the gritting list but when you join the main road thats the bus route and gets gritted.  On the frozen mornings my road was really slippy and iced but the main road was clear.  I never saw the grifters and I never actually got out and checked the road but it was completely clear of any ice and the side roads weren't. 

Ours is on the secondary list now but never used to be so I suppose that's something.  I guess all the moaning, complaints and reported near misses and bumps paid off in the end.

I think the problem this time was that is was black ice so idiot drivers who don't know the roads around Stockton Heath/Walton and which ones never thaw out cos the sun never gets on them etc etc just presumed they would be ok and carried on driving as they usually do.  Guess their complete lack of common sense is not the councils fault.

The main roads through the village were ok but some of the others up near Appleton and Stretton were really bad despite being on the primary route map.

Anyway at least they weren't as bad as previous years when we had all the snow that froze.  Our road and all the others round here were inches thick in solid ice for weeks and not once were any gritted.... fun to sledge on though but treacherous for driving especially for anyone going down the sloped side roads towards the main road running parallel with the canal.  Scarey.... we know the flat route to take though :wink:

I never said they were lying... I just said I saw no sign of any gritters or grit.  Did you know the council once said they had put in an application for heritage lottery funding for the renovation of the greenhouses at Walton Gardens.  They kept saying they had and that they were waiting to hear back but it wasn't looking promising blah blah etc etc and more blah's  

When persistently questioned over it and the finer details by a few members of the public at a council meeting they finally admitted the application had NEVER been submitted...... so see they do sometimes tell little fibs :wink:  I wish my mum was still here as she could tell you some right stories :lol: