Warrington as an independent city?

Gary

Lymm never used to have to provide the range of services it would these days.

I pointed it out many times to you that because council tax has not been recalculated the people of Lymm and Stockton Heath are under paying their tax. The real cash cows though are the large businesses and retail centers all of which are in the North of Warrington and mostly in other large town not places like Stockton heath or Lymm.

I know the Police and Fire Services come under Cheshire but in your plan Warrington and the other large towns would not come under Cheshire anymore, I would imagine Policing the posh vilages would be more difficult and costly. also as the hospitals are Warrington and Halton Trust, so the villages of lymm, Stockton Heath and others would need to enter a PFI agreement to build new hospitals for themselves.

They may be underpaying their tax but then again the council doesn't invest in South Warrington. I'm not one of those who thinks the areas are socio-demographically demarcated as much as some people would think because there are 'good' and 'bad' parts of all areas across Warrington just as there is a far greater mix of income levels than some would have you believe. But there is a clear attitude within the council of where money is raised and where it is spent. I agree with you about the retail parks, but as we know the Council is killing off the town centre with them.

I think you could probably make similar points about places like Culcheth, which also seem to be further down the list when it comes to investments and decision making.

As for the idea that anywhere in Warrington is 'posh', you need to get out more. You're just assuming that if it doesn't look like Dallam it must be posh. Proper posh is not Stockton Heath or Grappenhall or Lymm.     

The idea that the villages would need to build new hospitals is complete bullshit. 

What is needed is for the 'villages' to stay within the Borough but for everybody to get over it. Including the council itself. 

We got a million pound set of traffic lights in Westbrook that replaced a perfectly good roundabout.... oh and some 20mph signs all over the place; mainly in closes that are impossible to speed in anyway; sometimes you have to wonder about the way the Town Hall spends it's money!!

• Upvote 1

There is no basis for the paranoid delusion of persecution by a wards political leanings yet it seems to be trotted out at every opportunity by some on here. As has been said , it is the industrial areas of this town, not just retail, which pump in the money and in the main these are this side of the canal.  These industries etc. come at a price to residents quality of life not least in the amount of traffic that has to be endured especially at peak times.  There is also the denaturalisation of their environment too.  Imagine the reaction of the good folk of Lymm (and there are a few) if a huge retail and industrial park was planned for any green space that could be found and that thousands more houses were to be built.  They would be incandescent with rage, they seem to get all arsey if a fast food outlet wants to open up let alone an edible oil factory or an immense logistics hub the size of the Hermes place.  If there was a political bias that would all be built in the Lib dem/Tory areas of town and not in the ward of the Council leader and Labour bastion of Burtonwood.  

Yes these sorts of places that are springing up all over the Borough regardless of political make up of the Ward.  The development in the north dwarfs the development in the south of this town but on here it is the Lymm, Stockton Heath nimbies that whinge about persecution.  You need to get over that hurdle first before you begin to tackle the rest.

So in other words, your point was all wrong. 

Development in the North doesn't dwarf what is happening elsewhere, but the investment does. Like I've said, you can lump places like Culcheth in with the 'villages' in the South (Orford is a hamlet apparently by the way) because investment only takes place in certain wards.

So you imagine that as many houses have been built south of the canal as in the north?,  just go to Chapelford and Butts Green and Kingswood etc etc etc and have a count.  Of course the amount of industrialisation in Warrington North dwarfs that in the South but I am not the one bleating about being a persecuted victim of party political bias.  

Abuse?  pointing out that you are wrong regarding your opinion is not abuse, its debate.  You have no evidence or statistics to back up your claims that political bias forms spending policy.  If my argument drowns out your argument thats down to the paucity of your stance not me shouting.

And I have told you, pm me if you would like a pint and a chat.

I seem to remember Poplars Cafe & Poplars Transport being "in Lymm" since time immemorial & then only on the peripheries of the village. Similarly Appleton Thorn/Stretton have had transport firms on the old airbase for as long as i can remember since the airbase fell into disuse.At least both locations have direct motorway access.