Smoking in parks

Egbert

My thoughts exactly Evils re the enforcement adn how other things clearly aren't working.

For a smoking ban they'd have to have people on patrol 24/7 or cctv cameras absolutely everywhere in the parks.  Even if they did somehow manage to enforce it all the smokers would just nip to the outside of the park gates/grounds to light up just like they do in colleges, works etc etc.   Daft idea !!

Well, I now learn that the Government and the Mayor of London have both ridiculed the idea and it isn't going to happen. Personally, I think the more areas where smoking is banned the better. Eventually there will be a complete ban but it won't be in the life time of any of us, I suspect.

But I don't go along with the argument that a ban on smoking, or anything else for that matter, should not be introduced because it would be difficult to enforce.

It is against the law to commit murder and it seems difficult to enforce it - but no-one suggests that murder should be made legal!

Fair point Egbert re the enforcement as although not everyone would stop smoking in parks if it was banned  looking at it another way now you've said that a lot of people would comply thus reducing the numbers doing it.

If I saw a sign up in a park then I wouldn't smoke there just as I wouldn't smoke anywhere else where it wasn't allowed :D

Personally I wish they would ban cigarettes completely and right now !! :wink:

good to see smoking being compared with dog crap,both foul,stinking , unpleasant and unattractive.  

Put you dog on a diet of tinned chappie and nothing else PJ.  No foul evil smells or sloppies when it comes out the other end :wink: 

One of the plus sides since finding out our dog is diabetic and having to change her food to that :wink:  I even might start making pies out of it for my family  :lol::wink:

I smoked til I had my first child and gave up then as I realised I had a duty to be there for someone more important than me.  It really is a filthy habit and a tough one to give up but once you do its a complete revelation both health and stench wise