Ebola ?

observer

W/Africans arrive here fairly regularly to use the NHS, their travel would be by air and perfectly legal.  The illegal route from W/Africa, would be via Mali, Morrocco and Spain. Having arrived in Spain, if caught, they are detained, but don't appear to be deported back, but rather released, some will finish up selling trinkets on the Canary Isle beaches, and some, who make mainland Spain will find their way to Calais. The reason Nigeria has cracked the outbreak, is that they got a grip asap and probably had the advantage of more efficient Government and resources. In Liberia, there has been political instability and problems of culture; EG. relatives touching bodies prior to burial. There's also a question as to whether victims bodies should be burned rather than buried.

Yawn: we've covered the 21 day routine LT: the virus travels from person to person. If someone falls sick in Chad en route to Morocco, they may die; BUT the virus will have been passed on to other contacts; and so on, until it arrives on a beach in the Canaries; where some unsuspecting tourist makes contact with one of these beach vendors, contracts the infection and returns to the UK from their holiday - carrying the virus. I'm not saying it will happen, merely that it is a possible route for spread. Fortunately, things appear to be slowly coming under control in Liberia according to news reports; so we may start to relax until the next one.

The illegal route from W/Africa, would be via Chad, Morrocco and Spain. Having arrived in Spain, if caught, they are detained, but don't appear to be deported back, but rather released, some will finish up selling trinkets on the Canary Isle beaches, and some, who make mainland Spain will find their way to Calais, then on to Warrington*.

I know you have an impressive wealth of experience, obs, but I'm worried you might be dedicating too much of your life to this particular cause. I mean, what kind of motive do you have to have to go looking for this kind of stuff?

Or, did you just see it on the telly?

*sorry for misquote

Yawn: we've covered the 21 day routine LT: the virus travels from person to person. If someone falls sick in Chad en route to Morocco, they may die; BUT the virus will have been passed on to other contacts; and so on, until it arrives on a beach in the Canaries; where some unsuspecting tourist makes contact with one of these beach vendors, contracts the infection and returns to the UK from their holiday - carrying the virus. I'm not saying it will happen, merely that it is a possible route for spread. Fortunately, things appear to be slowly coming under control in Liberia according to news reports; so we may start to relax until the next one.

But for this to make a blind bit of sense wouldn't there be outbreaks of the virus throughout  Chad, Morrocco and the Canaries then into Southern Spain through north into France and an ebola death camp in Calais?  There would be a human audit trail thousands of miles long Observer but there isn't is there?  Their have been more ebola victims in the US than in those countries but I would love to see anyone try to ban them from leaving their country.  In fact Britain has had more sufferers than Chad and Morrocco and the Canaries and France, should we be quarantined too?  Stop trying to score political points with scare stories about ebola getting here through such an unlikely source as under a Stobbart truck ,  its immoral and wrong and fallacious and you know it.  The only refreshing surprise is that you haven't resorted to calling West Africa Bongo Bongo Land like one of your parties leaders did.

It's a question of public safety, and Gov has a duty to plan for all contingencies, some probable, some possible and some highly unlikely - like a tree falling on a woman in central London. But illegal and uncontrolled access to this Country is a risk Govs needs to address, if for no other reason that it is illegal and uncontrolled. 

• Upvote 1

It is controlled to the best of our ability and resources.  Nobody is saying don't try to stop illegal immigration.  I find your attempt to link ebola to illegal immigration frankly ridiculous and callous.  There are umpteen countries between Liberia and the Uk which haven't had a single case of ebola yet you still insist the country should waste time and money guarding against a fictitious threat. Time and resources which should be spent on the more obvious and possible methods of dealing with the risk.  Show me the bodies in Chad, Morocco, Canaries, Spain and France and I will concede you have a point , if you can't, drop your hobby horse, accept that you are wrong (shock, horror) and go moan about immigration in one of your myriad other topics.  

On the 6th of October Reuters reported that it had been calculated, using Ebola spread mapping and air travel data, that there was a 50% chance that a person infected with Ebola would enter the UK.

By Friday 24th October. This Friday.

No illegal immigrants involved, all legit, just buy that ticket and...welcome to the UK.

My pleasure.

It's a tribute to Labours mass immigration policy that nowadays you can quite legally hop on a plane in Africa, have a spot of lunch on the flight, clear customs, meet family, do the whole sight seeing thing for a week or so, then the projectile vomiting thing...

It beats hanging on to a Stobart axle in the freezing cold.

You could catch your death doing that!

My pleasure.

It's a tribute to Labours mass immigration policy that nowadays you can quite legally hop on a plane in Africa, have a spot of lunch on the flight, clear customs, meet family, do the whole sight seeing thing for a week or so, then the projectile vomiting thing...

It beats hanging on to a Stobart axle in the freezing cold.

You could catch your death doing that!

So all planes coming to and from from Africa are just coming here because of Labour, Here's me thinking it was British Airways ect, perhaps Ebola was invented in a UKIP lab to get rid of those pesky dark skinned people, who do nothing except breed and use up all of our resources.

This particular outbreak of ebola has been around since March and hasn't reached the first stage (Chad) of your prophesied route of  death.  Just face it, your attempt to pin the spread on "illegals" was just a scare story to bring the debate back round to your hobby horse.