Life in a Lancashire Town

algy

Some of you may have seen this video on another site, anyway here it is for those of you who haven't.

The Lancashire town of Warrington has little to show regarding archive film footage of life in the early 19th century, this video compiled of short film clips of other Lancashire towns illustrates the people, style of clothing and transport used in their everyday life that would have been identical to those used by Warrington

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO2a7ZufZGg&feature=youtu.be&list=UUG8ERaAuAm8Gn-2t5XixfXg

• Upvote 1

Thanks Dizz and Tracey, I have no information regarding the Parish Church but judging by the soldiers possibly a church parade or blessing the regimental colours, just my opinion though.

Dizz I seem to have sorted the posting of images but now I don't seem to be able to show full videos off youtube, what am I donig wrong now please and how did you correct it?.

I don't know why it's different now Algy but the only way I can get youtube video's to display properly so you see the image and not just the link text  is as follows

Click on the little green/blue icon third from the left on the top bar (next to where it says font).   A box comes up (special BB code) and click and select 'MEDIA'.

Copy and paste the youtube link into the large box at the bottom where it says 'Media URL' and say OK.

It puts the link with some code around it and after you press submit the youtube image shows.  Did that make sense ?

Thanks Dizz, yes it does make sense and I shall give it a go and upload one as a tester.

short clip of electric tramcars in Warrington, the clip is in three sections, the first section shows a tram travelling along Knutsford Road past the Golden Lion Hotel towards Latchford village. The second section shows a tram heading south out of town over the river Mersey bridge heading towards Wilderspool Causeway and on to Stockton Heath, a second tram passes going in the opposite  direction into the town centre. The third section is of a tram exiting Rylands Street into and down Bridge Street towards Bridge Foot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=633w34OB02c&list=UUG8ERaAuAm8Gn-2t5XixfXg

Success, thanks Dizz!.

• Upvote 1