Downfall

dawson

It's been playing several months at our local art house. The ad shows a close-up of the actor who plays HITLER's face, and it probably has to do with the last days in the Bunker.

By the way, I've seen actors from Alec Guiness, Richard Basehart, well, almost everybody playing Hitler. The only actor who projected charisma, and I could understand people following him -- was the guy who played I, CLAUDIUS. And I'm having a senior moment here............ Derek Jacoby.

But too late I realized that by suggesting it was the bunker part of A.H.'s career, the plot has been given away. mea culpa!

I didn't take of Jacoby's portrayal of Claudius, his stammer seemed too THEATRICAL for my taste, but it was an excellent series. He also played a detective monk or something in a series called CAEDMON, or something which I couldn't get into. But somehow, as Hitler, he seemed such a nice guy fuhrer.

Sorry I always do short and sweet.

Its a German film (subtitles)for these of us who dont speak german.

the last 4 weeks of Hitlers life and the down fall of Berlin nearly 3 hours long but riveting acting the swiss actor who plays hitler takes your breath away.

I will take Alice my youngest to watch it this in the next couple of weeks.

Debs

the last 4 weeks of Hitlers life and the down fall of Berlin nearly 3 hours long but riveting acting the swiss actor who plays hitler takes your breath away.

I will take Alice my youngest to watch it this in the next couple of weeks.

Debs

I believe the only Swiss actor I have ever seen a film was Ursula Andress. I was about to ask where this movie came from. Deuchesland you say.

Deuchesland, Deuchsland, uber alles, uber alles.... I should get to see it, if not this week, then on VCR when it comes out. Last night I watched a Korean horror movie on VCR that played the same art house where DOWNFALL is featured now. The Korean film was A Tale of Two Sisters -- it begins with their release from a mental institution,living again with a stepmother who may have driven them to mental illness or did she? Who is who and doing what? Beautiful and suspenseful, but I digress......

I will take Alice my youngest to watch it in the next couple of weeks.

Debs

Happy Birthday Deb's

Will somebody please tell her that she is certainly "short & sweet" and this might stop her repeatedly stating it. Maybe she should look at things with a different horizon.

Pity the film did not got further back into Hitler's past to the point where the scousers made him bitter & twisted (I think some of them nicked his paint brushes).

I think you'll find Derek Jacoby played "I CLAVDIVS"(not I Claudius). He also plays many gay parts (Dance with the Devil as Francis Bacon & The Long Firm as a "Iron Hoof MP"). As for looking like Hitler he looks more like Ernie Wise.

Spend a few bob and go and see this Swiss geezer, he is the real McCoy.

A rare reply from Noddy

[ 26.04.2005, 09:22: Message edited by: Noddy Boffin ]