Interactive Warrington

Dizzy

I came across this interactive map yesterday on the council's website.  It's really good and makes it a whole lot easier to search for past and current planning applications and other things.  For planning as all you do is click on the selection box on the left for 'planning applications' and it displays blue squares on the map.  You then click on whichever blue square (house/building/land) you are interested in and it opens a box listing ALL the planning applications for that exact one.

You still have to go to the main search page and type the planning application number in to retrieve the actual documents but that's no bother.

One thing I did notice though is just how many blue squares there are.  The whole of Warrington is covered in them so how much does it cost to put in a planning application and which pot does all  go intoas they must have generated quite a lot of money over the years from all the applications.

The one frustrating part is that although all the planning references are one particular business premises over the other side of town that I was looking showed a planning application from years ago that we weren't aware of but when I typed the reference on the main search page there were no documents at all .... but of course we all know why that is GRRR!  

Anyway, that moan aside it is actually very good so 10/10 to WBC for the interactive map and making things so much easier  :)

http://maps.warrington.gov.uk/connect/planning.jsp

• Upvote 1

how much does it cost to put in a planning application they must have generated quite a lot of money over the years from all the applications.

try this link it may open your eyes a bit.

http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/uploads/english_application_fees.pdf

or give your brain a meltdown trying to figure out some of the terminology.