chesyers lane?

kez

I've just found it and it ran from Queen Street down/though the old market. You wont find it now though as the Golden Square is on top of it :wink:

Give me 15 minutes to finish what I'm doing and I'll upload you a screen print of the map.

Had an a to z that fell to bits on me and having a scanner and wanting to test it out scanned it all in. managed to find this page which shows it. cannot say what the date was but it does show midland way as under constructionwith the estimated completion date as 19??. that bit was in the middle of the page so is missing from the scans unfortunately. cropped copy of the map with the lane ringed.

cheshyreslane_zpsdc32211d.jpg

• Upvote 1

Excellent Evils.   Can you upload all the other pages now too because I'm obsessed with older maps :lol:

Having just googled your map might be from around 1995 (ish).  According to the 'My Warrington' website Midland Way was apparently opened on 13 November 1996 and there are some photo's of it under construction in 1995 on there too.  See link below

http://www.mywarrington.me.uk/nineteen_nineties.htm#Along%20Midland%20Way

I'm just being nosey but what's your interest in that little lane Kez ? 

Were there still houses still on when you remember it or had they gone by then.  I noticed on the old census returns there used to be a handful of houses from the mid 1800's to 1911.  I think there were about 4 but may have been a couple more.

Can you upload all the other pages now too because I'm obsessed with older maps

What all of the pages!!!  :|  There are 23 pages of maps and 10 pages of the index. all Scanned in high resolution so they can be zoomd in to for better detail.

what i can do is put them into a photobucket folder and put a link in so you can download them or peruse them at leisure. will give me something to do if it rains and after i have walked the dog, done the shopping, painted the garden chair i have just finished making, visited mother in hospital and ,if i have the time, had something to eat. probably after dinner.  (luncheon for the posher people on here who class dinner as the evening meal and not tea like us commoners, tea being an afternoon snack usually taken with scones and cream) :mrgreen:

:lol:  Well seeing as though you clearly haven't got much to do today Evils then yes your very kind offer of uploading them all to photobucket so I can have a nosey would be marvelous (not that you probably meant it of course but you have said it now so there's no going back).   Does photobucket still lower the resolution when things are uploaded though... can you look into that first  8):lol:

Hi dizzy, I dont actually remember the lane tbh, but wondered if that was where the flats I remember were, but I really do feel they were on bewsey street, I thought getting a street map would have helped but it hasnt cos it doesnt show the buildings.

im going library tomorrow so hopefully will find more out but if anyone can help that be great as its starting to annoy me lol

No idea if they lower the resolution or not but here is a link to the album of maps.

http://s250.photobucket.com/user/EvilSid99/library/Warrington%20street%20maps

PS my brain hurts now as i have been looking for page one but for some reason i have not scanned that page and the original a to z has probably been put safely away so little chance of me finding it. (this year anyway)