Stockton Heath Festival Art Exhibition

Geoffrey Settle

This year the Stockton Heath Festival Art Exhibition is being held at a new venue in St. Thomas’ Church, Stockton Heath. 

This exhibition is an opportunity for local amateur artists to show their work. The exhibition runs from Thursday 3rd July until Sunday 6th July. 

Opening times are as follows:

Thursday 11:00am to 4:00pm

Friday 10:00am to 8:00pm

Saturday 10:00am to 4:00pm

Sunday 12:00pm to 6:00pm

Last night there was a Preview Event and official opening with an invitation to all exhibitors to come along and share in light refreshments. 

The organisers led by Helen Dutton worked very hard yesterday afternoon to get things ready. There are over 160 exhibits spread throughout St Thomas' Church with a great of variety of subjects in this unique setting.

As you may know I have submitted work myself over the last few years and this year, because I am the Deputy Mayor, I have asked if two of my paintings can be subject to secret bids with all the money from the winning bids going to the Mayor's Charities.

Hopefully people will like my work and make an offer and they will find a new home.

Watch out for the welcoming straw man at the door :)

I might see you there I'm thinking of popping back for a longer look today - I couldn't stay long last night as I had to get back to art classes (it was the last one until Settember) to work on next year's entry which has a working title of 'VW waggon at St Ives' my daughter loves them and we love St Ives and I found a card with both on them :mrgreen:

How will you see me there if you don't know who I am and what I look like :lol:  

St Ives is a beautiful place but we've not been for many years.  How long do your paintings take to do if you are already starting next years entry ?