The good old days are back for Liverpool.

Robbo

No wonder you highlighted this, probably because its such a rare occurrence.  I believe a bus window was smashed.  Liverpool fans are amongst the best behaved in the Premier league, a boast that can't be shared by your Manc pals Robbo.  Don't take my word for it, have some facts 

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2013/oct/09/football-related-arrests-by-club-offence#data

Yet more excuses, comparing arrest figures But no one was arrested PJ, so the figures are meaningless.

Why not just admit that on a day like yesterday they let the City and the club down, instead of trying to justify it by producing figures that suit your argument.

If a broken window is all that you can come up with to try to ruin what was a superb day, where all the fans in the ground, and all the other grounds,  came together as human beings and respected the sad loss of 96 innocent people who also went to a game but never came back, where the minutes silence was impeccably respected by EVERYONE in the ground then crack on, you are far more bitter and twisted than I imagined and I pity you.

So I'm to blame for trying to ruin what was a superb day, nothing to do with a brick being chucked through a coach window that could have easily killed someone. That you dismiss as nothing more than the equivalent of a dented bumper or smashed wing mirror. Shifting the blame, now where have I heard that before?

But you are right a minutes silence impeccably respected ................................................ unlike the minutes silence in 1985 to remember the 39 poor Italians that were killed, when Poo supporters chanted throughout. Absolute hypocrites one and all.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

That seems a fair and sensible reply Gary ................................................ unusual for the sports section.

It comes with many years of experience dealing with postings on here and dealing with politicians from all parties and rival football fans over many years.

I always try and take the common sense approach.

I am all for banter but not degrading all followers of one particular club due to the actions of the mindless few.

I don't know if an official image has ever been produced but I do know that a great many fans from all clubs sign the Munich remembrance book each year , myself included.  My dad has followed United for over 60 years and my brother was named after Duncan Edwards so I have an affinity. 

I also know that Shanks and Busby were great pals and that Shanks was the first manager to visit Matt in hospital.  He was after all an ex Liverpool player.  After the disaster, Shanks made the offer of any of the reserve team to be available to Mancheter United until they were back on their feet.

Its good to remember that not all people are bitter and twisted and that the majority are just normal humans like the rest of us

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2029722-manchester-united-stand-side-by-side-with-liverpool-in-hillsborough-tribute

Well that reply was a refreshing change PJ, if I was cynical I would think that Gary had PM'd you  :wink:  :wink: I believe Busby also played for City,

I also recall that when Hillsborough occured Alex Ferguson was the first person to contact Dalglish asking if there was anything that Man United could do to help.

Regarding the poster, I was interested to see if any English club and in particular the local rivals of United had produced anything similar to that of Real Madrid who made a memorial pennant with the names of the Munich dead, called “Champions of Honour", and the offer to loan United the world’s finest footballer, Alfredo di Stefano, Also if anything similar has been produced in the memory of those who died at Hysel.

Well that reply was a refreshing change PJ, if I was cynical I would think that Gary had PM'd you  :wink:  :wink: I believe Busby also played for City,

I also recall that when Hillsborough occured Alex Ferguson was the first person to contact Dalglish asking if there was anything that Man United could do to help.

Regarding the poster, I was interested to see if any English club and in particular the local rivals of United had produced anything similar to that of Real Madrid who made a memorial pennant with the names of the Munich dead, called “Champions of Honour", and the offer to loan United the world’s finest footballer, Alfredo di Stefano, Also if anything similar has been produced in the memory of those who died at Hysel.

If you were cynical, as you usually are, you would be wrong, as you usually are.

If you are so interested in the contact between the two clubs since Heysel google is your friend. If you are struggling try this.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/history/heysel

here are a few that a quick search brought up

1274786483-BruceHeysel01_zpsf107345f.jpg

HeyselBanner_zpsd4e61f36.jpg

liverpool-juventus-faltaran-cita-europa_

M_Id_155177_Heysel_tragedy_zps0ea3a848.j

article-2532712-0260CE280000044D-251_634

The bottom picture is the Kop message to Juve fans the first time they visited Anfield after Heysel.