13 Golden grove street warrington cheshire

sylvia131

Golden Grove street ran from Lyme Street, crossing Peter Street through to Queen Street. Today one end of the street would have been where the Lyme Street/Blue Bell entrance to the Mall currently stands and the other end would have been where the new bus station is.  It ran behind the Hop Pole.  Hope this is of use. 

Thank you, ive just found a photo on google maps but the number of this house is missing did they knock some down. Thanks for replying. Do you no how i can get a list of who lived in the street along side my family it was in Dec 1901 sorry where he lived when born not died he was in Shaw Avenue then.

Hiya Sylvia131

If your grandfather lived in Golden Grove Street in 1901 then the census of that year will show who else lived in the street around the same time.  Do you have access to see that info if not I can look tomorrow for you.

Hiya  here is the 1901 census for Golden Grove Street..... It's strange as it shows odd house address numbers from 1 to 13  then numbers 18, 20 and 22.  I guess either the others weren't lived in or were non residential businesses... or had been knocked down.

Normally I wouldn't upload actual census prints but I got very annoyed as Find My Past have COMPLETELY changed the way their whole website and searches work.... Grrrrrr it's horrid now and is really slow too !! ... not to worry still got 'Ancestry' too :lol:8)

Right click to enlarge... then if you want to you can save them to your own PC which might be easier so you can zoom in.

e0c88758-ff6a-43d0-bf2e-f039dd6d45c0.jpg

c916da97-da9f-40f1-997e-0179fbcf91ec.jpg

Which grandad are you looking for and when did he actually die as it could be that the census was done just after his death or maybe he lived/died there while living with/in another family members house (married daughter maybe etc etc.)

Which grandad are you looking for and when did he actually die as it could be that the census was done just after his death or maybe he lived/died there while living with/in another family members house (married daughter maybe etc etc.)

Charles Edward Jones Dec 28 1901 born in 13 Golden grove street warrington cheshire died in May 16 1966 in 53 Shaw Avenue warrington Cheshire, This is the info i got at the moment i hope its right lol

Ahh so your grandad was born in Golden Grove Street but did NOT die there.  Sorry your first post read that he died/passed there.

The 1901 census was done 9 months before he was born so his parents may have moved there after 31 March 1901 (census date).  Shame but I'll try and find where they lived before that and also in 1911..... or have I already done that ha ha.  I need to read back on the other topics cos I;ve forgotten where we got upto again now,  oops.