The Lost boys

footyfan

We have a great team of quality players who can play good football - they should be allowed to do so. Who says you cannot play good football on these pitches? The teams that have beaten us prove otherwise. Also, if you watch the Reserves and the Youth Teams, they play exciting football on the ground.

Point 'Busted'.

Look at the league table then give me a valid reason to complain.

We've never even put up a genuine attempt at a play-off finish before, so reaching them with ease and also having a crack at the title is a superb effort.

Maybe we aren't as exciting to watch as we were under Joey, but I really couldn't care less. We don't get bonus points for a "nice" playing style!

There is no point in being nearly men and that's what we will probably be. It has been proven that we can't beat teams who play proper football with our current style of play.  Darlo, Curzon, Lancaster etc. They are up there and it's inevitable that Curzon will win the league and a probability that Darlo will triumph in the play-offs. I only want Warrington Town to succeed but I'm afraid that I live in the real world and I am fearful that this season's efforts will come to nothing when it could have been so different. We don't get bonus points for failure either. We are on the brink of glory but we need a Plan B when it comes to the "big" games. The next "big" game is Curzon away and I hope that the lads go there and outplay them. We would have beaten them if our first encounter had not fallen foul of the failed floodlights. We started that game with a real desire to compete on a footballing level and we took them apart. 

What you see here, WireWarrior, is desire for my team to succeed and If you are accepting of mediocrity then that's your level of expectation and good luck to you!!

That is a fairly valid response and I do understand where you are coming from! At the end of the day, it's all decided by what our own opinion is on a successful, or a mediocre, season is, and obviously we have different opinions on that.

I think a play-off place means we've had a fairly successful season. We've hardly been anywhere near the play-offs before this season, so I think it's hard to argue that qualifying for our first attempt at this divisions play-offs isn't success.

The play-offs were our target at the start of the season, not to win the title whilst playing tiki-taka football.

I don't want to become "nearly men", as you say, and you're correct in saying that it's looking like we could be in that position at the end of the season. However, we've still achieved (what I think is) our highest ever league finish, and I'm sure that Shaun and this squad can build on this for an hopefully more successful season next season.

Progress has definitely been made, and I think it will be wrong to go back to square one again, as we did by replacing Joey in 2012.

:cry: We beat Vics 2 - 0 away back in August in what was a highly competitive match. We won the midfield then with Mannix and West and that was our platform for success that day. Mannix was suspended yesterday while West was not even in the squad. Maybe it's time to reflect and think about what was good earlier in the season. There is a complementary aspect to that partnership which worked but has been dismantled for no apparent reason.  Let's see what Tuesday brings.

Another post about West beginning to think you're his agent. How many times is the answer "No" to the below questions? Bearing in mind according to Footyfan he's the best midfielder we have.

When on loan at Stafford did he start matches or walk into the team (surely he should have)

Have we won more matches with him in midfield than without

has he been called into the Cheshire League side like other reserve players

Three No's so there you go. As you say its about opinions and he's to small and lacks pace to be playing in important matches and he's not better than Meakin, Mannix, Wright or McKenna so that's why he ain't involved unless I'm missing something glaringly obvious.

He's a player for the future so accept it let him work hard in reserves (like Glass who was on the bench Saturday) and see what happens next season when he's a year older.

We're 2nd in League and from I can gather from the stat guys at the match on Saturday we're 3 or 4 wins away from the most in a season ever. Its about time some people looked at the positives and not the blackside all the time. No wonder no one ever posts on here anymore!!!!!

He's a player for the future so accept it let him work hard in reserves (like Glass who was on the bench Saturday) and see what happens next season when he's a year older.

We're 2nd in League and from I can gather from the stat guys at the match on Saturday we're 3 or 4 wins away from the most in a season ever. Its about time some people looked at the positives and not the blackside all the time. No wonder no one ever posts on here anymore!!!!!

I couldn't agree more with this.

We're having one of our best ever seasons. Surely we must be doing something right?

---

On another note, Meakin and Wright have been Supporters Club man of the match for the last two games. I'm pretty sure these are two of the players you have issues with, footyfan ?