Kingsway Tyre Wall

Geoffrey Settle

I've not got a clue what you are on about tara, but if I give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are dyslexic then here's a top tip -

'Try deliberately spelling words wrongly. That way, at least you have a chance of spelling them correctly.'

• Downvote 2

Not very nice Wolfie.   Please don't you two get into a full on head to head forum battle as I've not got the energy or patience tonight and I don't like people falling out in a personal way either :wink:
Love you both and lollipops tomorrow if you are both good :D:P

I've not got a clue what you are on about tara, but if I give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are dyslexic then here's a top tip -

'Try deliberately spelling words wrongly. That way, at least you have a chance of spelling them correctly.'

don't you just love him for trying on the off chance it will be something new. but he`s a good boy really :)

dizzy would I do that .lol you know he's `lonely` and always comes back with same thing that why love doing it winds him up .. but can I have a red one :)

gray man ....yes explain to him. don't worry he comes out with lots of bull on here :0 and hardly come out with anything original from him self all way on back of other`s sometime I think its the attention he`s seeking. most of all its like having a turrets friend on line. :) but we love him ...you will see with the insult he`s going to come back with nothing original "same old same old" I do it because it wind's him up he cant past any of my post with out a wise cark that's why I do it :) love the batter over to you Wolfie :P

this better for you

gray man ....yes explain to him. don't worry he comes out with lots of bull on here: 0 and hardly comes out with anything original from himself all way`s on back of other`s sometime I think it’s the attention he`s seeking. Most of all it’s like having a turrets friend on line. :) but we love him ...you will see with the insult he`s going to come back with nothing original "same old same old" I do it because it wind's him up he can’t past any of my post without a wise crack`s that's why I do it :) love the banter over to you Wolfe

Much better tara, good to see my top tip was helpful to you, although what 'turrets' has to do with it, unless they are on the tyre wall, not sure.

didn't for the first time just took my time to read it back. Now that`s a first me reading back what I put to you, but I presume that will have to stop :wink: as you will have nothing useful to Participate in :wink: but type in turrets you'll come back with the same answer as turrette two ways but come on your letting the side down no new comeback :)

didn't for the first time just took my time to read it back. Now that`s a first me reading back what I put to you, but I presume that will have to stop :wink: as you will have nothing useful to Participate in :wink: but type in turrets you'll come back with the same answer as turrette two ways but come on your letting the side down no new comeback :)

???? No, you've lost me again. I'll ask grey_man to explain.

• Upvote 2

This is a discussion on Kingsway Tyre Wall...

This is an unusual deviation from the usual standards of our forum members.

And your point about the tyre wall is ....................................................

Latch, I think you are having a laugh with your second comment.

But I take your point, that's why I wanted clarification over certain posts. How can you respond to a post that doesn't make sense? 

any way back to topic

I notice that the law states until you start building with them old tyres they are designated as waste. And you do need a licence to either transport or to keep as waste, so could be one way of getting out of not having to have one?

I looked how to build a earthship house with recycled tyres and that said that tyres are classed as waste too (which we all know) and that getting permission to build with them is one of the toughest parts of construction.

It's not just a question of piling them up to build 'walls' like the Kingsway chap has done though as they are packed with earth, chalk or whatever material is to hand and they form the “bricks”.  The they are covered with a waterproof cement on the outside to protect the tyres and also for fire prevention. 

Now back to Kingsway 'wall' rather than a house.......

I'm surprised the fire brigade haven't pushed to have them removed too because of the risk of fire.  If some idiot does decided to set fire to them they will give of a coctail of dangerous chemicals inclucing (I think) carbon monoxide and sulphur dioxide.  I can;t remember what else but not only that but tyre fires are apparently hard to put out and can reignite.

I wonder what the chap would do if they just disapeared over night though and floated off down the river Mersey...........

one of your points on there dizzy  is that, we all know soon its going to happen . but  I am not tempting fate by saying it.

you know I have not check if they are filled in or not ? any one know !!

so could there be a health and safty issue there then to the public?

ok dizzy have I got this right now he had aright to construct the tyre wall as he had the permission of the Environment Agency under a U1 exemption as he had used specific tyre bales.

but the council took him to court because they issued legal section 215 notice when they could have issued a Planning Contravention Notices & Contravention Notice Guidance.

did the council use or try to use a Planning Contravention Notices & Contravention Notice Guidance. do we know !!

if not he as got a right to appeal as he did have a Environment Agency under a U1 exemption.

and looking at this they have just come a long and said we don't like it you have no planning with us move it your paying and your getting a fine as well this was before court ?

is that right with what I have been able to find ?

• 2 weeks later...

By the time it gets back to court it will all be covered in wild ivy and other creeping grasses so some judge could say it now looks 'nice'.  :roll:

Maybe that's what he was holding out for and with the rain and sun we've had lately it was all about 1/3 of the way up them when I went past on Tuesday.  

• 1 month later...
By the time it gets back to court it will all be covered in wild ivy and other creeping grasses so some judge could say it now looks 'nice'.  :roll:

Maybe that's what he was holding out for and with the rain and sun we've had lately it was all about 1/3 of the way up them when I went past on Tuesday.  

Anyone have any updates or are we still stuck with it indefinitely ?

I don't think the court hearing has been heard yet.  They still look a bloody mess and he's an awkward idiot.

This is so frustrating,

But I am amazed that some Latchford Lads have not done something to this "Abomination" already.

I suppose they would be charged with Trespass,Criminal Damage and Theft..

Taken to court and dealt with within 4 weeks.

Such is the madness of our politically correct system of justice  :x

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

I went past yesterday and its still there.

Seems the council have decided on a new target now,The conservatory behind The Kings Head. 

A really nice extention where rugby fans with their families can meet safely before and after games.

Plus a venue for various charity functions

Channel 4 were there after the Widnes game to film the people and their plight at having this facility knocked down.

It isnt made of old tyres and can not be seen from the road come on WBC say something.

We can have our say right now..

http://www.petitions24.com/save_our_shed

Please sign this and restore some credibility to our town.

• Upvote 2