Kingsway Tyre Wall

Geoffrey Settle

I loved growing up in Latchford, about a five minute walk from where the tyre wall now is.

I won't kid myself that the area was pretty but the people growing up around me were 'pretty', pretty amazing.

A number of people who lived there when I grew up still remain there, some being pretty elderly now.

We had the field, now Westy Park, to play in, jumping ditches and trying not to fall in.  We fished for newts and invariably caught them and took them home to care for them.  We cared for frog spawn and frogs, in our childish and well meaning ways.

As far as I'm aware, none of those things remain to teach kids about nature and nurture.  That loss is bad enough, without having to look at an absolute eyesore each time they have to travel along or across Kingsway.

Surely we should be striving to make our surroundings nicer, rather than like the start of a ghetto.

Will the appeal meeting be open to the public?

I can't see why he just hasn't moved them and why he's so insistent on dragging it all out regardless of costs etc.  It's not like anyone is advertising on them now or likely to in the future. 

He's clearly just a very stubborn and self centered man who doesn't like playing by the rules, being told what to do or losing an argument.  Pillock !!

I can understand why nothing has been done when the council make a statement that states  .....

What we want is a clean and attractive town that we can all feel proud of. What we don’t want is to have to fine people for spoiling it.

In other words we know what we want but we ain't going to do anything about it so feel free to do what you want.

I can understand why nothing has been done when the council make a statement that states  .....

What we want is a clean and attractive town that we can all feel proud of. What we don’t want is to have to fine people for spoiling it.

In other words we know what we want but we ain't going to do anything about it so feel free to do what you want.

Am I missing something here? The Council's taken him to court (apparently he's now appealed to the Crown Court against the magistrates' decision) so unless you can suggest some other legal means to deal with it, don't be snide about the Council's actions.

• Upvote 1

Maybe it's a little hard not to 'snide' though Steve Parish considering that yesterday there was the call in meeting about the council's underhanded decision to close Stockton Heath Tip and then today we all read this about the council's stance on fly tipping etc.

It's like one hand doesn't know what the other is doing but in these two cases BOTH hands are on the same person's body.

As for the tyre wall well yes the council have taken the chap to court and so far they do not seem to be backing down which is good, but neither is he.  Most people probably realise that the councils hands are tied to some extent with protocol and box ticking but I just hope they see it through to the end and win and that the chap has to pay all the council's costs too !

so does that mean that they tyres stay until the court has decided if the other court was right in it;s decision or is the 17th deadline still active?

also what will happen if his second appeal is succesful and the court rules in his favour does that mean the council will appeal that decision or will that be the end of it?

i know the council are trying their hardest to get this sorted but the fact that the tyres are still there and raopidly being covered in weeds gives people the impression that the council are just hoping the whole issue will just be forgotten and that if left long enough people will just shrug and say oh that been there for ages.

Maybe we should start building a tyre wall across his drive if it takes this long to go through the courts an dthen through the appeal courts then he would not be leaving his house for the next six months.(just a thought mind you. after all he has set the precedence for this after all) :twisted:

Maybe we should start building a tyre wall across his drive if it takes this long to go through the courts and then through the appeal courts then he would not be leaving his house for the next six months.(just a thought mind you. after all he has set the precedence for this after all) :twisted:

What a great idea, I will advertise on that one  :lol:

Well it seems that the dead line has been put on hold pending the outcome of the appeal to the high court. After which, depending on the decision made, it will have to come down or stay whilst the council appeal against the appeal outcome. (Not that I am suggesting anything but the firemen are on strike on thursday just thought I would mention it) 8) :cool:

I've been away for a few months so can someone explain what the tyre wall was put for in the first place and can anyone build one?

Read from page one of this topic Wolfie :lol::P     Or see this one  http://forum.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/index.php?/topic/10885-kingsway-bridge-eyesore/

Can anyone build one ?  Well probably not but I'm game if you are :wink:

I see not one as talked about the green issue here? Or recycling people have built houses out of tyres so why not walls? How do we not know if he intends to render the wall at the end of the day? It’s on his land if he put up a good fight he could win on the recycling issue and if he keep within a specified height he doesn’t need planning permission ant it?#

• Downvote 2

Yes people build houses out of old tyres Tara_dad but they usually apply for planning permission FIRST.  IF as you say the awkward mans intention is to render his tyre wall at a later stage then he could have said that right at the beginning when the council got involved and questioned it.... or at any of the court stages SINCE then.  He hasn't though has he and all he's done is cause hassle and clearly doesn't give two hoots how much all this is costing the council. 

If he does win on some sort of 'recycling' point then he still should have to pay all the council's costs for his attitude and the way he's handled it all from the start.

And of course if he does win then I guess we can all just start building things out of them too.... I can get loads and it would save garages having to pay someone to take them away and to dispose of them properly.  Anyone want a new wall or a 'flat' ? :wink:

• Upvote 1

The green issues of this are rather vague, apart from "recycling" tyres what are the green benefits of the wall?.....................anybody?

what is the height restriction of this type of wall?

It would seem that he put it up as way of dealing with a bunch of old tyres that he would have probably had to pay to get rid of. He than tried to make a few bob , nowt wrong with that, by selling advertising space on the resultant wall.

The question then is if it turns out in his favour what is to stop anybody with a spare bit of land and a few hundred old tyres doing the same. (think he would object if his neighbours decided to build something similar around their gardens)

Still it is publicity for his advertising business I suppose.

Except it isn't because of course nobody with a brain and an advertising budget would want to promote their business on piles of rubbish,

It's not recycling at all. And tara dad - you know exactly what he intends to do with them and I don't imagine that anybody like this glorified flytipper has any intention of making them look any better than a pile of old tyres next to the road. 

And tara dad - you know exactly what he intends to do with them and I don't imagine that anybody like this glorified flytipper has any intention of making them look any better than a pile of old tyres next to the road. 

grey_man, as you seem to understand what tara dad is saying, could you explain for the benefit of others.

gray man ....yes explain to him. don't worry he comes out with lots of bull on here :0 and hardly come out with anything original from him self all way on back of other`s sometime I think its the attention he`s seeking. most of all its like having a turrets friend on line. :) but we love him ...you will see with the insult he`s going to come back with nothing original "same old same old" I do it because it wind's him up he cant past any of my post with out a wise cark that's why I do it :) love the batter over to you Wolfie :P

this better for you

gray man ....yes explain to him. don't worry he comes out with lots of bull on here: 0 and hardly comes out with anything original from himself all way`s on back of other`s sometime I think it’s the attention he`s seeking. Most of all it’s like having a turrets friend on line. :) but we love him ...you will see with the insult he`s going to come back with nothing original "same old same old" I do it because it wind's him up he can’t past any of my post without a wise crack`s that's why I do it :) love the banter over to you Wolfe