Kingsway Tyre Wall

Geoffrey Settle

Or you could just go and ask the chap- if he's not around there is someone hanging around or maybe living in the caravan, or the guy marshalling the dump - next time I'm in the neighbourhood I will ask they can only tell me to get stuffed or may be bury me.  :)

Or we all might Geoff !!    Good grief talk about making things hard to follow and understand.... you get this weeks prize.

Right so you are now telling us to go and ask the people there.... and you say next time you are near there you will ask too...

Now forgive me Geoff for being blunt and to the point  BUT... re: all the pics that you took the other day and uploaded to here and the other ones you uploaded to the Conservation Group page link you gave us all a link to ALL HAVE PEOPLE/WORKERS ON THEM,

Did it not occur to you to actually ask them there and then as you were looking and taking pics of them all and the works in progress ?

Blimey no wonder things take ages to sort etc in the 'council' world !!  :blink::wacko:

• Upvote 1

boris wrote

I replied

as in rodney you plonker

after that it went downhill rapidly

What with tempers fraying and councillors being baited, I thought to myself 'Freeborn, that's the sort of reprehensible behaviour you get up to! Shame on you, turn over a new leaf with a little whimsy!'

Alas. I shall stick to what I do best in future.

:lol: :lol: :lol:  Well I fell for that one FreebornJ :wink:

The Lord Rodney would be a good spot for a tyre advertising wall though cos all the rugby fans would see it... actually thinking about it they probably wouldn't :lol:  8) 

No temper fraying or baiting being done by me by the way... just normal forum chat, comments and questions... although I must admit I am feeling rather tyre:wink::P

• Upvote 1

Not sure about actual fishing 'rights' as wouldn't you have to have planning permission to build a fishing pond/lake etc ?  Maybe it does already have outline planning permission but it's almost impossible to search things on the councils website without knowing a planning reference number.

You are right about the mention of it though cos when land was up for sale the for sale sign did say 'Fishing Land/Allotments' followed by a mobile phone number.

The for sale sign is shown if you go to google maps street view :wink:

Maybe everyone is worrying about nothing as it might just become a car park or a traveller's caravan site..........

The fishing connection strikes a chord. The site (eye sore) I referred to earlier in Aintree was also supposed to have fishing ponds  and other recreational uses  which have  not been implemented.

The guy responsible for the land in Aintree operates a security firm. I wonder if the Kingsway  chap who is moving soil from his own land and depositing on his own land is the same person ????

We went past on Sunday and the tyre wall is still there but the 'advertise here' sign on the end was shredded and hardly of it remains now, the other has gone as has the Abba Cars/taxi advert and the one that apparently said  "are you taking th 'P' ".  the land at the back looked pretty flat other than a large deepish hole at the edge nearest the canal side.  Mr Dizzy would not stop so I could have a better look and take some pics :lol:

• 1 month later...

Seems that the owner of the tyre wall has lost his appeal in court and has now been given eight weeks to remove it. (pending further appeal of course, there is always the eu court of human wrongs to try)

He did claim he had permission from the environmental agency under some U1 exemption.

Oh well it is a case of watch that space and see if it is still there after the 17th july or not

Why's he been given another 8 weeks to move them.  They went up in a day so why can't they be taken down in a day ?

Can't see why he's still so intent on keeping them there anyway now as I can't see many businesses wanting to advertise on them after all the bad press and local anger his eyesore has caused.

Any mention about why he's dug all the land up behind them ?

Well that's a surprise then! :twisted:

So it looks like we have to put up with his tyre dumping and keep playing his little game with the council.

Who's pays for all this buggering about?

Bill :)

If you mean, who pays for the case to be heard, then the appellant does - at least the Council's costs. I doubt that takes account of officers' time - no actual cost but at the expense of delay in investigating other planning infringements.

If you mean, who pays for the case to be heard, then the appellant does - at least the Council's costs. I doubt that takes account of officers' time - no actual cost but at the expense of delay in investigating other planning infringements.

Or shredding. 

• 1 month later...