Frightening

Wingnut

Women, as we know we are always trying to be sympathetic: STOP IT! It may get you raped, or killed. Ted Bundy, the serial killer, was a good- looking, well educated man, who ALWAYS played on the sympathies of unsuspecting women. He walked with a cane, or a limp, and often asked 'for help' into his vehicle or with his vehicle, which is when he abducted his next victim.

Another Safety Point: Someone just told me that her friend heard a crying baby on her porch the night before last, and she called the police because it was late and she thought it was weird.

The police told her 'Whatever you do, DO NOT open the door.' The lady then said that it sounded like the baby had crawled near a window, and she was worried that it would crawl to the street and get run over. The policeman said, 'We already have a unit on the way, whatever you do, DO NOT open the door.

He told her that they think a serial killer has a baby's cry recorded and uses it to coax women out of their homes thinking that someone dropped off a baby. He said they have not verified it, but have had several calls by women saying that they hear babies' cries outside their doors when they're home alone at night.

NORTHAMPTONSHIRE POLICE - Visit us at http://www.northants.police.uk/

I have no idea if this is true or not. If it is, it makes you wonder how many wierdo's are out there waiting their chances.

Best to be safe than sorry.

Yet another urban myth.Please check things out before posting.

Yep. That's why I said I don't know if it's true or not. Plus the website address. Then you can check it out for yourself.

The real point of the post is to say that there are idiots out there who can even make these stories up. That to me is as equally as frightening.

[ 27.03.2008, 14:37: Message edited by: Wingnut ]

I wonder if "check things out" means the same as a

diligent and systematic inquiry or investigation into a subject in order to discover or revise facts, theories, applications, etc.

(couldn't find "check things out" in the Dictionary).

[ 29.03.2008, 09:49: Message edited by: Wingnut ]