Fun with D ick and Jane

sadako

Maybe you two will bump into each other!

This is a remake of a 1960's or 1970's movie - I can imagine Jim Carey will make it very funny indeed and I thing the woman is Tea Leoni, she is a great physical comedian - I hope its good! Let us know you two. :P

Did you see Cable Guy, Tony - he is funny in it a very dark comedy but he can be so damn serious - there was a point in the film when he realizes something and you literally see his eyes change along with his demeanor. It was so good that I thought "Wow, this man is a damn good actor"!

I saw the original back in the 70s with Jane Fonda and it wasn't a smash hit then, and I don't think it sold blockbuster tickets this time either, but that's not to say either version wasn't fun.

My grandson purchased THE CABLE GUY at the supermarket for $9.99 last week and we watched it on DVD after seeing the film a few years ago. Now he wants to go to Medieval Times to re-enact the battle scene with Carrey and Matthew Broderick. It was sort of funny, but Carrey fans were expecting something more like Ace Ventura. I saw Carrey in that Kate Winslet love story and was appalled at his scroungy appearance and patheteic storyline. We could see he was a good actor but it was disastrous for my money.

anyone going to see a remake should be charged by the film industry for helping to stifle original thought and creativity. I'm getting fed up with hollywood remakes, I believe the hollywood version of The Wicker Man starring Nicholas Cage is on the way over here....I didn't believe it until I saw it in Empire Mag.

There is no such thing as an original idea anymore. I do also get annoyed with Hollywood remakes, especially when they remake all of these asian horror films...I still thought fun with Di ck and Jane was good though. It entertained me...films always seem better when they are free! :)

i agree that remakes are bad, as for people being charged by the film industry, they already are!!!(ok I actually saw it for free, but you know what I mean) and the film industry is more to blame than the people who go watch the films

and yeah asian films rock, when i have my glasses and can read the subtitles :D

The truth is there has been no original ideas ever in film. They all come from books and history. They always have and as far as I know always will.

Many years ago I realized this as I was reading through some historical literature. So as far as remakes - they are all remakes - it comes down to whether or not you like the film or not.

Just my opinion! :wink::P

Munich would be cool :D

And Donnie Darko was original and a great film, I think its originality lies in the fact that the story and sequence of events in the film are open a lot to interpretation and its a film that makes you think. But even something like Donnie Darko takes an idea that has been done plenty of times before (time travel) and shows it in a new interesting light. Maybe thats the best you can hope to get from a film nowadays!!!!!